Música Ficta (Colombian ensemble)
|Genres||Baroque music, Renaissance music|
|Years active||1988 - present|
|Members||Carlos Serrano, Jairo Serrano, Elisabeth Wright, Julián Navarro|
Música Ficta is an early music ensemble founded in Bogotá, Colombia, in 1988. The ensemble is specialized in the performance of Latin-American and Spanish renaissance and baroque music. It has performed in nearly 30 countries in Europe, the Americas, the Far and Middle East. It has recorded for the labels Jade (France), Arion (France), Centaur (USA) and Arts Music (Germany).
The ensemble has recorded various unedited or scarcely known works from Latin-American musical archives, such as Bogotá, Mexico, Guatemala, Lima and Chiquitos (Bolivia). The group is also known for bringing to light unedited pieces by major 17th-century Spanish composers such as Sebastián Durón, Juan de Navas and José Marín.
Current members of the group are: Jairo Serrano (voice, percussion), Carlos Serrano (early woodwinds), and Julián Navarro (vihuela de mano, baroque guitar, theorbo), as well as guest musicians.
- 1996, p. 2001 - "Romances & Villancicos from Spain and the New World". Éditions Jade No. 198-142-2 (France).
- 1999, p. 2000 - "De Antequera sale un moro" - Music of the Christian, Moorish and Jewish Spain c. 1492. Éditions Jade No. 74321-79256-2 (France).
- 2003, p. 2006 - "Sepan todos que muero" - Music of Peasants and Courtiers in the Viceroyalty of Peru, 17th-18th c.. Centaur Records CRC 2797 (USA).
- 2005, p. 2006 - "Esa noche yo bailá" - Feast and Devotion in High Peru of the 17th Century. Arts Music No. 47727-8 (Germany).
- 2007, p. 2008 - "Del mar del alma" - Music and Poetry in Colonial Bogota (17th-18th c.). Arion ARN68789 (France).
- 2010, p. 2011 - "Cuando muere el sol" - Art Songs by Sebastián Durón (1660-1716). Arion ARN68825 (France).
- 2015, p. 2016 - "Dos estrellas le siguen" - 17th Century Xácaras and Dances in Spain and Latin America. Centaur Records CRC 3501 (USA).