This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Owner(s)||Dirk Ippen, Alfons Döser|
|Publisher||Münchener Zeitungs-Verlag GmbH & Co. KG|
|Founded||13 November 1946|
The Münchner Merkur (German pronunciation: [ˈmy:nxne:r me:rku:r], literally "Munich Mercury") is a German Bavarian daily subscription newspaper, which is published from Monday to Saturday. It is located in Munich and belongs to the Müncher Merkur/tz media group. The paid circulation of the Münchner Merkur is 271.335 copies.
The first edition of what was initially named Münchner Mittag ("Munich Noon"), was released on 13 November 1946 through a licence of the American military government. One of the founding members and publishers was Felix Buttersack.
Every year since 1996, readers of the Münchner Merkur have been voting for the winner of the Merkur-Theaterpreis (Merkur-theatre-prize).
- 1948–1963: Felix Buttersack
- 1963–1973: Kurt Wessel
- 1973–1975: Franz Wördemann
- 1975–1983: Paul Pucher
- 1983–1995: Werner Giers
- 1995–2000: Peter Fischer (Journalist, 1939)|Peter Fischer
- 2000–2000: Monika Zimmermann
- 2000–2002: Wilhelm Christbaum
- 2001–2007: Ernst Hebeker
- 2007–2013: Karl Schermann
- since 2014: Bettina Bäumlisberger
Münchner Merkur has recorded 971.000 total readers, 488.000 of them male and 483.000 female readers.
|5||Passauer Neue Presse||437.000|
- "Werbeträgerdaten - Presseerzeugnisse". Daten.ivw.eu. Retrieved 2015-05-07.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 2012-07-09.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Haus der Bayerischen Geschichte - Bildarchiv". Hdbg.de. Retrieved 2015-05-07.[permanent dead link]
- "Bettina Bäumlisberger wird Chefin des "Münchner Merkur"". Spiegel.de. 8 October 2013. Retrieved 4 December 2014.
- "Wirtschaftsraum Muchen - Oberbayern : 2013/4" (PDF). Merkur.de. Retrieved 2015-05-07.