|This article does not cite any references (sources). (March 2008)|
|Genres||Black metal, dark ambient|
Dark Adversary Records
End All Life Productions
Tragic Empire Records
|Past members||David: Bass (1992-1993)
Mørdrëd: Bass (1995)
Dark Wizzard of Silence: Drums (1992-1994)
Krissagrazabeth: Drums (1994)
Mütiilation is a French black metal solo project, consisting of William "Meyhna'ch" Roussel. The project started in 1991 and has released six full-length albums and appeared on several EPs and compilations.
The Beginning and The Black Legions
Mütiilation was formed in 1991 by Meyhna'ch, Dark Wizard of Silence and a bassist by the name of David. They recorded some amounts of demos as a trio until 1994, when David left. This was due to Mütiilation joining The Black Legions and his choice to not follow their views. At this time Mütiilation released an EP to honor the circle titled Hail Satanas We Are The Black Legions.
Shortly after Dark Wizzard of Silence was replaced by Krissagrazabeth, who participated in the recordings up until Vampires of Black Imperial Blood. Once again it was due to disagreeing views. At his departure, Mørdrëd joined in to be the first Mütiilation bassist to be part of The Black Legions. This line-up would be featured in The Black Plague - First Chapter (And Maybe Last One).
In 1999 a compilation entitled Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul was released through Drakkar Productions to give fans some of the unreleased material. The album stated that Meyhna'ch was dead due to the trendy black metal scene. However, in 2001, Mütiilation came back with the release of Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn), stating that he was not buried yet. At this point the band had become a solo project, and Meyhna'ch still used the symbols from The Black Legions on some of the releases.
Mütiilation then followed with short tours with acts such as Impiety, Abigail, Decayed, as well as a tour with Tsjuder, Watain and Judas Iscariot. During this time Noktu, Fureiss and Astrelya from Celestia were used as live members, filling in for double guitars, and drums.
Since then, Mütiilation has released three more full lengths as well as a compilation best of, and re-released some older albums.
- Vampires of Black Imperial Blood (1995)
- Remains of a Ruined, Dead, Cursed Soul (1999)
- Black Millenium (Grimly Reborn) (2001)
- Majestas Leprosus (2003)
- Rattenkönig (2005)
- Sorrow Galaxies (2007)
- Rehearsal 1992 (1992)
- Rites through the Twilight of Hell (1992)
- Ceremony of the Black Cult (1993)
- Evil - The Gestalt of Abomination (1993)
- Cursed (Rehearsal 1994) (1994)
- Satanist Styrken (1994)
- Black Imperial Blood (Travel) (1994)
- Rehearsal 2001 (2001)
- Destroy Your Life for Satan (2001)
EPs, Splits & Compilations
- Hail Satanas We Are The Black Legions (1994)
- Promo (1995)
- New False Prophet (2000)
- Split with Deathspell Omega (2002)
- 1992-2002: Ten Years of Depressive Destruction (2003)
- From the Entrails to the Dirt (Part II) (2005)
- Split With Drowning The Light and Satanic Warmaster (2007)
- Black as Lead & Death (EP, 2012)
- Live In Germendorf, Germany (07/07/2001) (2001)
- Live In Marseilles, France (06/23/2001) (2001)
- Possessed and Immortal (2002)
- Black Wind of War (2004)
- Black Legions Metal
- Dawn of the Fallen Angel
- Desecrate Jesus Name
- Grim Rebirth
- Mütiilation was also featured in the magazine The Black Plague - First Chapter (And Maybe Last One) in 1995.
- Mütiilation was also featured in the End All Life Productions compilation Black Metal Blitzkrieg with the song "Under the Full Moon" in 2001.
- The song "Black Millenium" has been covered by the Syrian Black Metal band Nokturnal Forest in their EP "To Embrace the Nocturnal Hymns" .
- Mütiilation discography on Discogs
- Interview with Meyhna'ch at thestarspawn.de, January 2002