|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Category:Mġarr ix-Xini.|
Mġarr ix-Xini (Maltese: L-Imġarr ix-Xini), is a bay close to Sannat on the Maltese island of Gozo. It lies in a gorge to the west of Mġarr Harbour, accessible from Sannat as well as the nearby village of Xewkija.
Nowadays, this secluded spot is popular for swimming and diving. On 12 November 1999, the former Gozo ferry MV Xlendi was purposely sunk to create an artificial reef and dive site. However, the ship rolled over while sinking and it ended up upside down. It may be unsafe for inexperienced divers.
- Mġarr ix-Xini Tower. Visit Gozo. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Mgarr ix-Xini tower being restored. Times of Malta, 17 September 2008. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Mgarr ix-Xini. Malta.com. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Top wrecks of Malta & Gozo. Divernet. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt blockbuster to be filmed at Mgarr ix-Xini. Times of Malta, 3 July 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
|This Malta location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|