|UMTAS Long Range Antitank Missile System|
UMTAS missile on T129 attack helicopter
|Type||Air-to-surface, Anti-tank missile|
|Place of origin||Turkey|
|Warhead||Insensitive Anti-armor Tandem Warhead|
|Two-way RF Data-link
Imaging Infrared Seeker or Laser guidance
|Rotary wing platforms
Unmanned combat air vehicle
Land combat vehicle
|Launch and Warhead test|
|Dual-Stage antitank Warhead|
The UMTAS has been designed to engage tanks and heavily armoured vehicles. It can be integrated to various platforms (Helicopters, UAVs, Land Vehicles, Stationary Platforms, Light Assault Aircraft, Naval Platforms)
- Lock-on before and after launch
- Can be used in day or night and in adverse weather conditions
- Tandem warhead, effective against reactive armors
- Insensitive munition characteristics against liquid fuel fire and bullet hits
- Communication of seeker image to the user and command by user using Data Link.
The laser guided version is marketed as the L-UMTAS
Phase 1 (design) was launched in 2005 and completed in 2008.
Phase 2 (development and qualification) was in launched in 2008 and completed in 2015
The L-UMTAS and UMTAS version have been successfully integrated and fired from the Turkish T-129 ATAK helicopter against land targets and from SH-60 Sea HAWKs against sea targets.
The missile has also been successfully tested fired from the Bayraktar Tactical UAS (Bayraktar TB2 UCAV) Drone. The missile was dropped from an altitude of 16,000 ft. to hit a 2×2 meter laser-designated target self designated from the drone, at a distance of 8,000 meters.
Serial production has begun with the delivery dates set in 2016.
- LONG RANGE ANTITANK MISSILE (LRAT), Roketsan, Retrieved October 11, 2010
- UMTAS (Long Range Anti Tank System) (Turkey), Jane's Information Group, Retrieved October 10, 2010
- "Roketsan Shows Broad Capabilities". aviationweek.com. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- "Long Range Anti-Tank Missile UMTAS « Roketsan". www.roketsan.com.tr. Retrieved 2016-04-28.
- Eshel, Tamir. "Turkish UMTAS Missile Dropped From a Bayraktar Tactical Drone | Defense Update:". defense-update.com. Retrieved 2016-04-28.