||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Mark Landon|
|Genres||Hip hop, R&B|
|Instruments||Sampler, keyboards, bass guitar|
|Years active||2007 - Present|
|Labels||It's Official Music / Warner, Obese Records|
Mark Landon (born 1 February 1983) better known by his stage name M-Phazes, is a producer and artist from Gold Coast, Queensland. He is best known for his production work with artists such as Eminem, Daniel Johns, Kimbra, Eskimo Joe, Bliss n Eso and Illy.
Landon moved to Melbourne, Victoria to further his musical career, and where he currently resides.
- 1 Discography
- 2 Early life
- 3 Career
- 4 References
- 5 External links
|2016||Moxie||N/A||On My Mind ft. Pusha T||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Lupe Fiasco||Tetsuo & Youth||Blur My Hands ft. Guy Sebastian||Produced by S1 & M-Phazes|
|2015||Guy Sebastian||Madness||Light & Shade ft. Sage Da Gemini||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Daniel Johns||Talk||Imagination||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Meg Mac||N/A||Never Be||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Kyle||Smyle||Really?Yeah||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Kyle||Smyle||Don't Wanna Fall in Love||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2015||Marracash||Status||Senza Un Posto Nel Mondo (feat.Tiziano Ferro)||Produced by S1 & M-Phazes|
|2015||Hopium||N/A||Right Now||Hopium & M-Phazes|
|2014||Logic||Under Pressure||Bounce||S1 & M-Phazes|
|2014||Logic||Under Pressure||Till The End||S1 & M-Phazes|
|2014||Keyshia Cole||Point Of No Return||N.L.Y. ft. 2 Chainz||M-Phazes|
|2014||Meg Mac||Self Titled EP||Grandma's Hands||M-Phazes|
|2014||Illy||Cinematic||Tightrope||Produced by M-Phazes|
|2014||Allday||Startup Cult||Wolves ft. Sunni Colon||M-Phazes|
|2014||Hopium||N/A||Dreamers||Hopium & M-Phazes|
|2014||Thelma Plum||Monsters EP||Monsters||M-Phazes|
|2014||Thelma Plum||Monsters EP||Young In Love||M-Phazes|
|2014||Thelma Plum||Monsters EP||How Much Does Your Love Cost||M-Phazes|
|2014||Thelma Plum||Monsters EP||Candle||M-Phazes|
|2014||360||Utopia||Must Come Down ft. Pez||M-Phazes|
|2013||Eminem||MMLP2||Bad Guy||S1 & M-Phazes|
- Solo Albums
- Good Gracious (2010), Obese
- Phazed Out (2012), Coalmine Records
- The Works (2013), Obese Records
- Collaboration Albums
M-Phazes was born on the 1st of February, 1983. He went to Miami High School on the Gold Coast and lived in Burleigh Heads, Queensland. His first rap group was called Trace Elements which also consisted of Jake Dangerous, Tactic One and Syntax.
2008: One Stop Shop
In 2008, Mark Landon was the winner of Sha Money XL’s ‘One Stop Shop’ beat battle in Phoenix, Arizona. The competition was judged by producers such as Swizz Beats (Jay-Z, Alicia Keys), DJ Premier (Nas, Christina Aguilera) and Denaun Porter (Eminem, D12). His win at One Stop would lead to producing for Contemporary R&B superstar Amerie.
2009: Flying Colors, Running On Air
M-Phazes reached gold sales for the first time in 2009 with Bliss n Eso’s album ‘Flying Colors’ of which he produced 7 songs, and reached his first platinum sales in 2010 with Bliss n Eso’s album ‘Running On Air’.
2010: Signing to Mushroom Music & Obese Records, Good Gracious (Album)
In 2010, M-Phazes signed a publishing deal with Mushroom Records and record deal with Obese Records, later releasing his debut album ‘Good Gracious’ featuring Bliss n Eso, Drapht, Illy, Phrase and many other Australian Hip-Hop artists. His album, ‘Good Gracious’ won an ARIA Award for Best Urban Release unexpectedly beating Bliss n Eso’s ‘Running On Air’ of which he produced 4 songs.
2011: Kimbra 'Vows'
2013: Universal Music Publishing, Bad Guy
2013 saw M-Phazes sign a worldwide deal with Universal Music Publishing Group and land his first major placement with ‘Bad Guy’ which was the intro track on Eminem’s 7th album The Marshall Mathers LP 2.
2014: Illy 'Tightrope' and 'Cinematic'
He also produced the 2014 song "Don't Wanna Fall in Love" by singer/rapper KYLE.
2015: New Album, Grammy and APRA awards
M-Phazes received a Grammy award for his co-production work on the track "Bad Guy" from Eminem's 'Marshall Mathers LP2' album. The Marshall Mathers LP2 album received the 2015 Grammy award for Best Rap Album.
He also received the 2015 Urban Work of the Year APRA award for his co-production on the track 'Tightrope' taken from Illy's album 'Cinematic'.
- Sasson, Chloe (9 April 2010), "Good Gracious review", Sydney Morning Herald
- Donovan, Patrick (19 March 2010), "Good Gracious review", The Age
- "M-Phazes", Canberra Times, 11 March 2010
- "Kimbra Enters US Album Chart At 14 ", Mess + Noise, 31 May 2011
- Hohnen, Mike (24 October 2013), "Eminen Features Aussie M-Phazes On New Album MMLP2", Music Feeds
- "M-Phazes Biography Universal Music Publishing Aus & NZ ", umusicpub.com.au
- "Keyshia Cole Teams Up with 2 Chainz on M-Phazes Produced 'N.L.U' ", umusicpub.com.au, 15 October 2014
- "M-PHAZES – SOUNDTRACK FOR CROOKS!", OzHipHop.com, 29 March 2014
- Herald Sun http://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/awards/melbourne-music-producer-m-phazes-scoops-up-a-grammy-award-alongside-rap-powerhouse-eminem/story-fnroabzj-1227213228186. Missing or empty
- Grammy http://www.grammy.com/artist/eminem. Missing or empty
- APRA Winners http://apraamcos.com.au/news/2015/march/2015-apra-music-awards-winners-announced/. Missing or empty