M. V. Sridhar
Maturi Venkat Sridhar (2 August 1966 – 30 October 2017) was an Indian first-class cricketer. He represented Hyderabad between 1988/89 and 1999/00, making 6701 runs at 48.91 with 21 hundreds. His highest score of 366 was the cornerstone for Hyderabad when they posted the record breaking total of 944/6 (declared) against Andhra in the 1993–94 Ranji Trophy. While Sridhar was batting, 850 runs were scored - the most runs added during a batsman's innings in first-class history. He was the secretary of MVSR Engineering College in Hyderabad.
On 30 October 2017, Sridhar suffered a heart attack at his home. He was declared dead upon arrival at the hospital. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
- "In Memoriam 2017". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Acharya, Shayan. "Sridhar and the memories of 944". sportstarlive.com. Retrieved 3 December 2017.
- Frindall, Bill (1998). The Wisden Book of Cricket Records (Fourth ed.). London: Headline Book Publishing. p. 91. ISBN 0747222037.
- "MV Sridhar passes away aged 51". Wisden India. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "Former Hyderabad cricketer MV Sridhar passes away". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
|This biographical article related to an Indian cricket person born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|