M. C. Chakrabarti
This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
M. C. Chakrabarti
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Known for||Design of experiments|
|Institutions||University of Mumbai|
|Doctoral students||Damaraju Raghavarao, B. V. Shah, M. N. Vartak|
Mukund Chand Chakrabarti (died 1972) a statistician from Bengal of the British India was the founder head of the department of statistics, University of Mumbai India. He nurtured the department from its birth in 1948 until he died in 1972. The department of mathematics at University of Mumbai was established later in 1963 under the guidance of Professor S. S. Shrikhande.
Chakrabarti was known for his work in design of experiments. He guided a number of students for their Ph.D.s in statistics from University of Mumbai. He was also associated with University of Pune where his notes on design of experiments were taught and he used to come as external examiner for the practical examination.
In 1972, Chakrabarti died of a heart attack in Mumbai.
- A note on skewness and kurtosis, MC Chakrabarti – Bull Calcutta Soc Math, 1946
- M. C. Chakrabarti, On the C-matrix in design of experiments, J. Indian Statist. Assoc. 1 (1963), 8-23.
- On the use of incidence matrices of designs in sampling from finite populations, MC Chakrabarti – Journal of Indian Statistical Association, 1963
- On the ratio of the mean deviation to standard deviation, MC Chakrabarti – Calcutta Statistical Association Bulletin
- [BOOK] Mathematics of design and analysis of experiments, MC Chakrabarti – 1962 – orton.catie.ac.cr
- M. C. Chakrabarti at the Mathematics Genealogy Project
- Dixit, Ulhas J.; Satam, Meena R. (1999). Dedicated to MC Chakrabarti, Book (Papers) – Statistical Inference and Design of Experiments. Narosa Publishing House. ISBN 978-81-7319-281-4.
- "1953-1960". University of Pune. Archived from the original on 21 October 2008. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Encyclopaedia of Design Theory: Bibliography
- Review: M. C. Chakrabarti, Mathematics of Design and Analysis of Experiments
|This Indian academic-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|