M. H. Saboo Siddik College of Engineering
Symbol of Secularism andNational Integration
|Type||Education and Research Institution|
|Established||22 April 1936|
|Affiliation||University of Mumbai, NAAC, NBA - AICTE - UGC|
|Principal||Dr. Mohiuddin Ahmed|
|Location||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
M. H. Saboo Siddik (commonly known as MHSS or Saboo Siddik or Saboo) is an engineering college located in Byculla at Saboo Siddik Polytechnic Road, Mumbai, India, affiliated with the University of Mumbai. It is an 'A' Grade institution, and is accredited by the NBA and AICTE. The college 154 staff (57-teaching, 97-non-teaching) and a student body of about 1200.
The Mohammed Haji Saboo Siddik Institute (A Muslim Minority Institution) owes its existence to the munificence of late Mohammed, son of Haji Saboo Siddik, who bequeathed a large sum of money for establishing, conducting and managing this Institution for imparting Vocational, Technical and Industrial training and education. The value of the assets, so bequeathed, exceeded Rupees Three Crore at the time of donation.
Management and infrastructure
The Institution is managed and administered by the Anjuman-i-Islam as the sole trustee, appointed by the Bombay High Court's decree and scheme framed and sanctioned thereunder.
The college building accommodates workshops, laboratories, classrooms, lecture halls, drawing halls, student's common room, seminar hall, library, reading-rooms, offices. The library of the College is housed in a separate building and is has reference sections and reading-rooms for students and staff. A Seminar Hall was inaugurated by Zafar Saifullah IAS, Cabinet Secretary of India & Dr. Raja Ramanna, Minister of State for Defence and an eminent scientist of India, on the annual day celebrations on 9 April 2001.
- Aslam Khan, Chairman and Managing director of Octaware Technologies, India's first "Sharia compliant" company approved to be listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange.
- Mush Honda, VP of Testing at KMS Technology
- "University of Mumbai Affiliated Colleges (Engineering)". University of Mumbai.
- "AICTE Accredited Institutes" (PDF). AICTE.
- "Sharia-compliant Octaware Technologies gets BSE nod to list - The Economic Times". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "India’s first Sharia compliant company gets BSE SME approval". www.moneycontrol.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "Sharia-compliant Octaware Technologies gets BSE nod to list". Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "Sharia-compliant Octaware Technologies gets BSE nod to list". indiatoday.intoday.in. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- "Octaware Technologies Limited: Private Company Information - Businessweek". Businessweek.com. Retrieved 2016-03-11.
- http://mhssce.ac.in/ - Official website of M. H. Saboo Siddik College Of Engineering.