M. M. Akbar
M. M. Akbar
|Born||1968 (age 52–53)|
|Occupation||Islamic Preacher, Author. |
Director of Niche of Truth.
Editor of Sneha Samvadam Magazine.
Meleveettil Muhammad Akbar (Malayalam: മേലേവീട്ടില് മുഹമ്മദ് അക്ബര്) is a islamic preacher. Akbar used to be a schoolteacher in Malappuram. He had taught physics. As a student, Akbar had been associated with Mujahid Student Movement. Although he is known as an orator, Akbar never had any academic training as a Muslim scholar. He is the founder Director of Niche of Truth, an Islamic missionary organization based in Kerala and the editor of Sneha Samvadam magazine published from Kochi, Kerala, India. Niche of Truth has created the first website in Malayalam, about the life of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad. The Cochin-based islamic missionary organization's objective is to present Islam as a comprehensive religion in front of India's pluralist society.
He is the managing director of Peace International School, a chain of 13 schools run by the Peace Foundation. The chain came under controversy as it was found to be promoting communal division through its syllabus 
MM Akbar has been granted bail by the court and currently all the peace schools are functioning normally. No material promoting communal division was found in the school syllabus by the High Court. 
- Prashanth M. P. (21 May 2017). "Peace International School: M M Akbar refutes Rashid Abdulla's claims | Kozhikode News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 19 August 2019.
- "A Kerala preacher and the textbook controversy in his chain of schools". The Indian Express. 20 March 2018. Retrieved 14 June 2021.
- "Arab News, 10 September 2003 Wednesday (13 Rajab 1424), Article: Muslims Must Adopt a Positive Approach". Archived from the original on 30 March 2012.
- "The Hindu, 28 Jan 2004, Kochi Edition, Call to promote regional history". Archived from the original on 25 January 2013.
- "Dubai International Peace Convention, March 2010, Biographies of Speakers". Archived from the original on 20 June 2010.
- http://www.muhammmadnabi.info[permanent dead link]
- Aravind, Indulekha (31 July 2016). "Why a section of Kerala's Muslim youth is treading a radical path". The Economic Times.
- Krishna, Srikanth. "Kerala CM orders closure of Peace International School after it was found teaching communal content". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Head of Kerala's Peace School MM Akbar tries to flee country, nabbed at Hyd airport". The News Minute. 25 February 2018. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Peace International chief Akbar gets bail". The Hindu. 10 March 2018.