M. M. Akbar
|M. M. Akbar|
|Born||1968 (age 49–50)|
Parappanangadi, Malappuram, Kerala, India.
|Residence||Kochi, Kerala, India.|
|Occupation||Islamic Preacher, Author. |
Director of Niche of Truth.
Editor of Sneha Samvadam Magazine.
Meleveettil Muhammad Akbar (Malayalam: മേലേവീട്ടില് മുഹമ്മദ് അക്ബര്) is an Islamic scholar, a religious orator and an expert in comparative religion. He is the founder Director of Niche of Truth, an Islamic missionary organization based in Kerala and the editor of Sneha Samvadam magazine published from Kochi, Kerala, India. Niche of Truth has created the first website in Malayalam, about the life of the Islamic prophet, Muhammad.
A graduate in Physics, Akbar is especially distinguished for his scientific and logical approach in analysing and presenting religion. He has authored 38 books of which 20 are in comparative religion. He is the managing director of Peace International School, a chain of 13 schools run by the Peace Foundation.
After Kerala government issued a look out notice. Kochi police arrested him on 25 February 2018.
The CM Pinarayi Vijayan himself ordered the closure of the Peace school foundation after taking into consideration the reports submitted by the Education Secretary and the Collector on the objectionable content taught in the school.
The reports submitted by the Education Department also exposed the fact that the management was not following NCERT, CBSE or SCERT textbooks, but following textbooks compiled by a Mumbai-based Islamic educational institution.
- "ArabNews, 2 April 2009 Thursday (06 Rabi` al-Thani 1430), Article titled: Interest-free economic system urged".
- "The Hindu, 4 April 2008, Kerala Edition, Kannur Local News, Debate on religions".
- "Arab News, 10 September 2003 Wednesday (13 Rajab 1424), Article: Muslims Must Adopt a Positive Approach". Archived from the original on 30 March 2012.
- "Dubai International Peace Convention, March 2010, Biographies of Speakers". Archived from the original on 20 June 2010.
- "The Hindu, 28 Jan 2004, Kochi Edition, Call to promote regional history".
- http://www.muhammmadnabi.info[permanent dead link]
- "Catalogue of Books published by Niche of Truth".
- Google Book Search on M.M.Akbar.
- Aravind, Indulekha (31 July 2016). "Why a section of Kerala's Muslim youth is treading a radical path". The Economic Times.
- Krishna, Srikanth. "Kerala CM orders closure of Peace International School after it was found teaching communal content". International Business Times, India Edition. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- "Head of Kerala's Peace School MM Akbar tries to flee country, nabbed at Hyd airport". The News Minute. February 25, 2018. Retrieved 27 February 2018.