M. P. Ahammed
M. P. Ahammed
|Residence||Trivandrum, Kerala, India|
|Years active||1991 - present|
|Known for||Chairman of Malabar Group of Companies|
M. P. Ahammed (born 1 November 1957) is an Indian businessman and the chairman of Malabar Group of Companies. He is also the founder of Malabar Gold and Diamonds, one of world’s largest retail jewellery groups.
M. P. Ahammed was born to Mammad Kutty Hajee and Fathima. At the age of 17, he started his first business venture of agro products. In 1981, at the age of 24, he started a trading business of spices and copra.
Malabar Gold and Diamonds
|Founder||M. P. Ahammed|
Number of locations
|India, UAE, Singapore, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Malaysia.|
|Owner||M. P. Ahammed|
|Website||Malabar Gold and Diamonds|
Malabar Gold and Diamonds is a BIS certified Indian jewellery group based in Kozhikode, Kerala, India. The company was founded by M. P. Ahammed in the year 1993 with a revenue of ₹50 lakhs. He is also the company's current chairman. Malabar group has 250 showrooms across 9 countries at present.The group is also involved with Green Thumb, a brand that produces organic farming products and Eham Digitals, a home appliances company.
In 2005, marking the launch of Malabar Group of Companies’ real estate division, the first commercial building of Malabar Developers was launched at Kozhikode. In 2014, Malabar Developers initiated the plans for Mall of Travancore, which was designed to be a shopping mall of global standards. With many environment-friendly initiatives, it is also the first green Mall in India. The foundation stone for Mall of Travancore was laid by the Chief Minister of Kerala Oommen Chandy.
Eham Digital is a retail business owned by Malabar Group and Nikshan Electronics that produces electronics, home appliances and gadgets. Eham Digital was launched in Calicut with largest showroom of its kind in Kerala.
M. P. Ahammed is married to Subaida K.P, and together they have two children. His son Shamlal Ahammed is the company's Managing Director of International Operations.
- "Top Six Jewellers who control India's Gold". Economic Times. 3 May 2013.
- "Malabar Gold and Diamonds - One of top jewellers in India". Indiatimes. 2013-05-02.
- "Malabar Gold: From Rs 50 lakh to Rs 22,000 crore in just 20 years". Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "Malabar Gold opens new store at Himayath Nagar". Telangana Today. 28 January 2017.
- "Forbes - Malabar Gold and Diamonds". Forbes. 20 February 2018.
- "Three of India's wealthiest jewelers hail from Kerala, but that's hardly surprising". The News Minute. 2 July 2015.
- "Malabar Gold aims to become world's top jewellery retailer". Gulf News. 26 March 2013.
- "Kareena Kapoor to inagurate Dubai's 122nd outlet of Malabar Gold & Diamonds today". Times of India. 20 December 2014.
- "Film actor Dulquer Salman inaugurates Eham Digital in Dubai". 17 November 2017.
- "Malabar Group launches first state-of-the-art mall in Kerala". Arab News. 25 March 2018. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- "Country's first 'green mall' to be inaugurated on March 23". The Times of India. 16 March 2018. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Malabar Developers to launch mall in Calicut; Business Line". The Hindu. 2014-11-27. Retrieved 2016-01-08.
- "EHAM DIGITAL". www.ehamdigital.com.
- "The Indian jewellery retailer that's now bigger than Tiffany's". 8 May 2018.