M. S. Rajmohan
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||28 September 1985|
|Known for||South Indian cuisine|
M.S.Rajmohan (Chef M.S.Rajmohan) is an Indian Chef, Food Enthusiast, Culinary Educator, YouTuber and a World record title holder for Longest Solo Cooking Marathon. He cooked 1,204 South Indian dishes in 48 hours for this record attempt held on December, 2015 at Madurai.
Early life and education
Born (28 September 1985) in Ambasamudram, Tamil Nadu, Rajmohan did his schooling at St.Marys Higher Secondary School, Vikramasingapuram. His mother Mrs.M.Shantha taught him the basics in cooking from his early age and then he was inspired by the street food preparation of his native. He showed his interest and enthusiasm in Hotel Management so then he went on to pursue bachelor's degree in Hotel Management and Catering Science at Subbalakshmi Lakshmipathy College of Science,Madurai.
In 2006, Rajmohan completed his education and he started working as a faculty in some catering institutes. He then worked as a Department Head for Hotel Management and Catering Science in Mary Matha College of Arts & Science, Periyakulam where he addressed the importance of educating children on homegrown vegetables and ingredients. Presently Rajmohan is the Head of the Department of Hotel Management and Catering Science at GTN Arts & Science College, Dindigul. He is also managing his own online store for native sweets and snacks of Tamilnadu and it is primarily focusing to reach the world-famous Tirunelveli halwas through online to customer doorsteps. He is a Skill development committee member of the South India Chef's Association. His name was also included in Asia Book of Records, India Book of Records and Limca Book of Records. Chef Rajmohan was one among his team in promoting the importance of traditional food and healthy eating among children. He is well known for special festival dishes mainly for south Indian dishes. He holds the Guinness World Records title for the cooking attempt of Largest Bean Salad on 15 August 2018 in Madurai and the final weight of this bean salad is 1121.6 kg.
- "Cooking Marathon Individual attempted by Chef M.S.Rajmohan". The Hindu. 2016-12-23.
- "Educate children on healthy habits".
- "Food recipe from Hotel Management Institute".
- "SICA Chef's for International Chef's Day".
- "Rajmohan initiative about Food hospitality".
- "Reviving the traditional foods by Chefs". The Times of India. 2018-09-27.
- "Special dish maker for the grand pongal feast". The Hindu. 2018-01-11.
- "Food on mind". The Hindu. 2018-08-16.
- "Chef M S Rajmohan attempts world record for largest bean salad of 1,121.6kg". Express Food & Hospitality. 2018-08-22.
- "Chef M S Rajmohan made a bean salad of 1,121.6kg". The Times of India. 2018-08-16.