M. Saravanan (film director)
1 January 1977
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Saravanan began his career as an assistant director under director A. R. Murugadoss. In 2009, he made his directorial debut with the Telugu film Ganesh starring Ram,. In 2011, he directed his first Tamil film Engeyum Eppodhum which featured Jai, Anjali, Ananya and Sharvanand, and was produced by his mentor A. R. Murugadoss in association with Fox Star Studios. The film gained very positive responses from critics and audience alike, emerging a sleeper hit. He was honoured with an award by the Human Rights Organization for directing Engeyum Eppodhum with a "very relevant social message which is the need of the hour".
|2009||Ganesh Just Ganesh||Telugu||Screenplay only|
|2011||Engeyum Eppodhum||Tamil||SIIMA Award for Best Debutant Director – Tamil|
Nominated-Vijay Award for Best Director
Nominated-SIIMA Award for Best Director – Tamil
|2016||Chakravyuha||Kannada||The plot is loosely based on the director's own earlier Tamil film Ivan Veramathiri.|
|2019||Raangi||Tamil||Filming, female-centric film with Trisha|
- Subha J Rao (1 October 2011). "Fact meets fiction". The Hindu. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Sharwanand about his Journey". Sify.com. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- "Journey film review - Telugu cinema Review - Sharwanand, Jai, Anjali & Ananya". Idlebrain.com. 16 December 2011. Retrieved 20 January 2016.
- S Viswanath. "Engeyum Eppodhum". Deccan Herald. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Half century for Engeyum Eppothum". Behindwoods. Retrieved 16 November 2011.
- "Award for Engeyum Eppodhum director". Behindwoods. Retrieved 29 December 2011.
- "Vijay and Richa win big at Edison awards". Behindwoods. Retrieved 13 February 2012.
|This article about an Indian film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|