Photographed at Gilze-Rijen Air Base, the Netherlands, a MAN SX 8x8
|Type||8×8, 6×6, and 4×4 off-road trucks|
|Place of origin||Germany|
|Used by||Algeria, Austria (badged OAF), Denmark, Germany, Italy, Kuwait, Norway, Oman, Slovenia, Sweden, UAE and the UK. In some instances numbers were small.|
|Manufacturer||MAN SE / RMMV|
The SX is a family of high-mobility off-road tactical trucks now manufactured by Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles GmbH (RMMV). The SX range has its design origins in the MAN KAT1 (occasionally presented MAN Cat 1) range of trucks, and for a brief period was marketed as the S2000 range of trucks. MAN (now RMMV) claimed it was the most mobile and reliable truck on earth.
There are 8×8, 6×6, and 4×4 variants, although currently only 6×6 and 8×8 variants are being marketed. All are air-transportable by C-130 Hercules in cargo configuration, with limited preparation in some instances. A 10×10 demonstrator was also built, with a 1000 hp engine, but this did not enter production.
An 8x8 heavy recovery version has also been built; the UK MoD ordering 288.
- MAN LX and FX ranges of tactical trucks
- Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles (RMMV) HX range of tactical trucks
- MAN KAT1 - Designation for original SX range trucks
- Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles Survivor R - Wheeled armoured MRAP-type vehicle offered by RMMV
- Armoured Multi-Purpose Vehicle (AMPV) - Wheeled light armoured/multi-role vehicle offered by RMMV in a JV with KMW
- Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles YAK - Wheeled armoured vehicle offered by RMMV
- Boxer - Wheeled armoured vehicle offered by RMMV in a JV with KMW
- Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles - JV of MAN and Rheinmetall for wheeled vehicles
- List of modern equipment of the German Army
- "Big airport crash tenders on Biglorryblog! MAN fire trucks at Interschutz...are you going there? - Biglorryblog". Retrieved 2012-08-29.
- "MAN Nutzfahrzeuge - show_press". Retrieved 2010-10-19.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rheinmetall MAN Military Vehicles.|