MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre
|MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre|
|Type||Trade and convention centre|
|Location||Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|Floor area||106,000 m2 (1,140,000 sq ft)|
MATRADE Exhibition and Convention Centre (MECC) is a trade centre, exhibition hall, and convention centre in the suburb of Segambut, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. MECC, established by MATRADE (Malaysian External Trade Development Corporation), provides convention facilities, exhibition halls, and meeting rooms. Matrade has also allocated a permanent exhibition space for 400 local companies at the exhibition hall on the second floor.
In operation since 2 January 2007, MECC has hosted many trade related events.The new Malaysia International Trade and Convention Centre (MiTEC) just located near this building. and it will also be a game place for 2017 South East Asia Games.
- Total exhibition area: 32,888 sq m.
- Indoor exhibition area consisting of Hall A, B, C, Matrade Hall; 8 collapsible and movable partitions for the meeting rooms; theatrette.
- Outdoor exhibition area including an amphitheatre and a 20,000 sq m car park.
- Function Rooms
- Exhibition Halls
Major events in MECC
- The 8th Malaysia International Food & Beverage Trade Fair.
- Karnival Mega Wanita 2007
- Pet Expo Malaysia - Cat Edition
- Super Home Ideas 2007
- Global SMEs 2007
- Herbal Asia 2007
- Art Expo Malaysia 2007
- INTRADE Malaysia
- Furniture fair
- Malaysia International Halal Showcase (23 - 27 June 2010)
- Malaysia Fashion Week (MFW) on 4 – 7 November 2015