|Builder:||Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers|
|Laid down:||23 April 2012|
|Launched:||2 August 2013|
|Acquired:||20 December 2014|
|Class and type:||Kora-class corvette|
|Displacement:||1,350 tons full load|
|Length:||74.1 m (243 ft)|
|Beam:||11.4 m (37 ft)|
|Draft:||3.5 m (11 ft)|
|Speed:||22.5 knots (42 km/h)|
|Range:||5,000 km (2,700 nmi; 3,100 mi)|
MCGS Barracuda is an offshore patrol vessel of National Coast Guard Mauritius. Built by Garden Reach Shipbuilders and Engineers, Kolkata, and launched on 2 August 2013, it is the first warship to be exported by an Indian shipyard.
India and Mauritius concluded a contract on the purchase of MCGS Barracuda in March 2011. The ship was to have been built in 42 months and was delivered to The Mauritian Coast Guard in September 2014 on the sidelines of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's state visit to Mauritius. Its keel was laid in April 2012 and was launched on 2 August 2013.
Valued at US$50 million, MCGS Barracuda has an integrated bridge system and cutting edge controls and main engines. It measures 74.1 metres (243 ft 1 in) in length and 11.4 metres (37 ft 5 in) in breadth and will be capable of moving at a maximum speed of 22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph) with an approximate displacement of 1350 tonnes. Armed with a 30 mm gun featuring a stabilized optical remote control system, Barracuda also carries on board heavy machine-guns (HMGs) and medium machine-guns (MMGs) to deal with any hostile situation. Manned by a crew of 83 officers and men, Barracuda can be deployed for a wide range of tasks including anti-piracy, search and rescue, anti-smuggling and anti-drug surveillance operations. The ship will safeguard the exclusive economic zone of Mauritius and can be used as a logistics support vessel and to transport troops. Barracuda is also capable of supporting helicopter operations without a hangar.
- "India to export warship to Mauritius". Deccan Herald. 10 December 2014. Retrieved 12 December 2014.
- "Warship for Mauritian coast guard". The Hindu. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "GRSE launches first export warship for Mauritian coastguard". The Hindu. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "India-made warship for Mauritius launched". The New Indian Express. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "GRSE launches Mauritius offshore patrol vessel". Business Standard. 2 August 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "An Indian first: Garden Reach to deliver warship to Mauritius in Dec". The Hindu Businessline. 28 November 2014. Retrieved 10 December 2014.
- "India to deliver corvette class warship to Mauritius on December 20". The Economic Times. 18 December 2014. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "GRSE launches Mauritius offshore patrol vessel". SP's Naval Forces. 3 August 2013. Retrieved 10 December 2014.