Cover of issue 942 of MCV, from December 2018
|Categories||Video game industry trade magazine|
|First issue||November 1998|
|Company||Datateam Media Group|
MCV is a UK trade magazine that focuses on the business aspects of the video game industry. It is published monthly by Biz Media, a subsidiary of Datateam Media Group and is available in print and digitally.
The first issue of MCV was released in November 1998.
In November 2017, NewBay Media, the owner of MCV at the time, announced that the websites, magazines and events of sister magazines Develop and Esports Pro would be absorbed into MCV by early 2018, with the combined magazine moving to a monthly frequency. NewBay Media was acquired by Future Publishing in April 2018. As of December 2018, MCV is in the process of being acquired by Datateam, with the deal closed in early January 2019.
In January 2019, Future sold some B2B brands (including MCV) to Datateam Media Group, Biz Media was formed as the parent company of these brands.
- "Standard Certificate of Circulation – MCV: The Market for Home Computing & Video Games" (PDF). ABC.
- "Subscribe". MCV.
- Barton, Seth (20 November 2017). "NewBay unites video games group under MCV, Esports Pro to be incorporated into MCV brand". MCV.
- Kerr, Chris (20 November 2017). "Develop to be absorbed by MCV in 2018". Gamasutra.
- Barton, Seth (4 April 2018). "MCV's publisher NewBay acquired by Future Publishing". MCV.
- Jerde, Sara (4 April 2018). "International Publishing Group Future Acquires NewBay Media". Adweek.
- Barton, Seth (17 December 2018). "MCV is moving on – with a proposed acquisition by Datateam". MCV.
- Barton, Seth (2019-01-11). "Six of the UK's top B2B brands are now under new ownership". MCV. ISSN 1469-4832. Retrieved 2019-01-21.
- MCV Editors (10 February 2017). "MCV Awards 2017 sponsors announced". MCV.CS1 maint: Extra text: authors list (link)