MDLIVE is a telehealth provider focused on digital delivery of high-quality, convenient, and cost-efficient medical care. The company provides consumers, health plans, health systems and self-insured employers with 24/7/365 access to board-certified doctors, pediatricians and licensed therapists via secure online video, phone or a smartphone app.
MDLIVE's telemedicine services are designed to replace more expensive and less convenient ER or urgent care visits for non-emergency issues, including sore throats, asthma, skin rash, fever, and more. MDLIVE also offers virtual behavioral health therapy through video or phone, where licensed therapists consult with patients on issues such as marital problems, child behavior & learning issues, financial hardship, and coping with loss & grief.
All virtual medical consultations are conducted through a HIPAA and PHI-compliant platform. In addition to allowing patients to talk to a doctor from home or on the go, and if necessary, obtain an e-prescription, payers and providers can use MDLIVE to collect and share clinical data from patient medical records, lab results, and in-home biometric devices for real-time risk assessments, wellness advice, diagnosis, and treatment.
MDLIVE's medical doctors treat the following conditions:
- Ear problems
- Insect bites
- Pink eye
- Respiratory problems
- Sore throats
- Urinary problems / UTI
MDLIVE's therapists treat the following behavioral health concerns:
- Bipolar disorders
- Child and adolescent issues
- Eating disorders
- Gay/Lesbian/Bisexual/Transgender issues
- Grief and loss
- Life changes
- Men’s issues
- Panic disorders
- Parenting issues
- Postpartum depression
- Relationship and marriage issues
- Trauma and PTSD
- Women’s issues
Board of Directors
MDLIVE was founded by entrepreneur Randy Parker, who previously held CEO positions at Flexplay Technologies, Clear-Vu Products, and Entertainment Resource. David Sculley, former President and CEO of HJ Heinze USA, is the Chairman of MDLIVE's Board of Directors. John Sculley, former CEO of Apple and former President and CEO of Pepsi-Cola, is Vice-Chairman. The Board also includes Howard Kern, President and COO of Sentara, Rock Morphis, Managing Director of the Heritage Group, Charles S. Jones, Managing Partner and Founder of Bedford Funding, and Alys Scott, Chief Marketing Officer of PeopleFluent.
MDLIVE acquired online therapy provider Breakthrough Behavioral in November 2014. The acquisition expanded MDLIVE's life-coaching and behavioral health offering and added a network of mental health professionals to the service.
In June 2015, MDLIVE received $50 million in funding to expand and enhance its technology platform from Bedford Funding. MDLIVE is also backed financially by Heritage Group, Sentara, Sutter Health, Kayne Anderson Capital Advisors, and The Social+Capital Partnership.
- "Telehealth service available in certain Humana MA plans". Mohave Daily News. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Telehealth Services: What Can Online Doctors Treat? | MDLIVE". MDLIVE. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Board of Directors - MDLIVE Telehealth". MDLIVE. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "Walgreens Expands Telehealth Platform to Offer Virtual Doctor Visits Through MDLIVE via Walgreens Mobile App | Walgreens Newsroom". news.walgreens.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "MDLive moves to Skype for its patient-physician video visits service". MobiHealthNews. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "MDLive acquires virtual therapy visits provider Breakthrough Behavioral". MobiHealthNews. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Ex-Apple CEO bets on Web healthcare with MDLive". Reuters. 2014-11-12. Retrieved 2016-04-27.
- "The Doctor Is Online: Bedford Funding Backs MDLive". pevc.dowjones.com. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "MDLIVE Secures $23.6 Million in Funding led by Heritage Group and Sutter Health". Reuters. 2014-01-22. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
- "Investors - MDLIVE Telehealth". MDLIVE. Retrieved 2016-04-27.