MDN Web Docs
This article needs to be updated.December 2016)(
Type of site
|Available in||more than 25 languages|
|CC-BY-SA v2.5+ et al.|
The project (originally called Mozilla Developer Center) was started in 2005, and initially led by Mozilla Corporation employee Deb Richardson in 2005. Documentation efforts have been led by Eric Shepherd since 2006.
The initial content for the website was provided by DevEdge, for which the Mozilla Foundation was granted a license by AOL. The site now contains a mix of content migrated from DevEdge and mozilla.org, as well as original and more up-to-date content. Documentation was also migrated from XULPlanet.com.
MDN has a discussion forum and an IRC channel #mdn on the Mozilla IRC Network. MDN is funded by the Mozilla Corporation with servers and employees.
- Willison, Simon (2005-09-15). "The Mozilla Developer Center". SitePoint. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Ten Things Developers should know about the Mozilla Developer Network (MDN)
- Mitchell Baker (2005-02-23). "DevMo and DevEdge updates". Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- "About". Mozilla Developer Center. Archived from the original on 2007-10-20. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- "DevEdge". Mozilla Developer Center. Archived from the original on 2007-10-26. Retrieved 2009-01-30.
- Deb Richardson (2006-02-10). "Digging through the DevEdge archives". mozilla.dev.mdc. Google Groups. Retrieved 2008-05-31.
- "Brave Browser 0.12.3 Release Note". Github. Retrieved 16 August 2017.