MEMS sensor generations
|This article relies largely or entirely on a single source. (February 2017)|
MEMS sensor generations represent the progress made in micro sensor technology and can be categorized as follows:
- 1st Generation
- MEMS sensor element mostly based on a silicon structure, sometimes combined with analog amplification on a micro chip..
- 2nd Generation
- MEMS sensor element combined with analog amplification and analog-to-digital converter on one micro chip.
- 3rd Generation
- Fusion of the sensor element with analog amplification, analog-to-digital converter and digital intelligence for linearization and temperature compensation on the same micro chip.
- 4th Generation
- Memory cells for calibration- and temperature compensation data are added to the elements of the 3rd MEMS sensor generation.
- S.C.Terry,J.H.Jerman and J.B.Angell:A Gas Chromatographic Air Analyzer Fabricated on a Silicon Wafer,IEEE Trans.Electron Devices,ED-26,12(1979)1880-1886.