From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Headquarters||Nizhny Novgorod, Russia|
|Dmitry Ponomarev, Konstantin Nikashov, Igor Piruyan, Derek Forcher, James Hymel, Milos Vlahovic|
Number of employees
MERA is a provider of outsourced software development services for ICT industry.
- 1989: A group of professors from State Nizhny Novgorod Technical University founded MERA as a private firm specializing in antenna research and development.
- 1990: MERA wins first contracts with foreign customers.
- 1993: MERA concludes a first software development contract with Nortel Networks, Canada.
- 2000: The company opens a Customer Relations Office in Toronto, Canada.
- 2004: MERA signs a contract with TietoEnator, a major Swedish corporation, expanding its business in Western Europe.
- 2006: MERA is the first company in Russia to achieve TL9000 certification for provision of outsourced software development, testing and maintenance services.
- 2007: MERA starts a software development project with SynapSense, a leading provider of complete wireless instrumentation solutions.
- 2009: MERA signs a long-term agreement with Telecommunication Systems, the award-winning wireless navigation, hyper-local search and location-based services (LBS) company, and achieves CMMI Level 3 Certification.
- 2010: MERA signs long term agreements with Avaya, a global leader in enterprise communications systems, Kapsch Group, specializing in ICT and telecommunications as well as future-oriented telematics and traffic management systems, and becomes a full member of the European Telecommunication Standards Institute (ETSI).
- 2011: Ascom Wireless Solutions,a provider of on-site wireless communications for key segments such as hospitals, elderly care, independent living, manufacturing industries, prisons, retail and hotels, opens a test centre at MERA. * 2012: MERA opens a customer relations office in Silicon Valley (Santa Clara, CA).
- 2014: MERA Software Services opens an R&D office in Belgrade. MERA signs Systems Integrator Agreement with Kofax, a leading provider of smart process applications for the business critical First Mile of customer interactions. The company is selected for Membership in Avaya DevConnect Program. MERA Teams with inthinc for Telematics Solutions.
- Dmitry Ponomarev, President
- Konstantin Nikashov, VP Strategy
- Igor Piruyan, Vice President/General Manager
- James Hymel, CEO, Mera Software Services
- Milos Vlahovic, Head of MERA in Serbia
- Derek Forcher, Vice President of Global Sales
MERA’s software R&D services
- Software design,
- Software development,
- Software testing,
- Software maintenance,
- Customer- and user-level documentation development,
- Test automation,
- Product migration,
- Professional services.
- Radio access networks
- Core networks
- Mobile backhaul
- Network management
- Telematics for the Automotive Industry
- Cloud Computing
- Unified communications
- Enterprise mobility
- Enterprise wireless solutions
- Smartphones and tablets
- Software-defined networking
- Protocol stacks
- Blade systems