|MFC 29: Conquer|
A poster or logo for MFC 29: Conquer.
|Promotion||Maximum Fighting Championship|
|Date||April 8, 2011|
|Venue||The Colosseum at Caesars Windsor|
MFC 29: Conquer was a mixed martial arts event held by the Maximum Fighting Championship (MFC) on April 8, 2011 at the Colosseum at Caesars Windsor in Windsor, Ontario. The event was broadcast on HDNet.
During the broadcast of MFC 28, owner Mark Pavelich announced that he had signed recently released UFC lightweight fighter Marcus Davis to appear on this card. Davis was expected to fight Kajan Johnson at this card, however Johnson pulled out with an injured shoulder. Davis ended up fighting Curtis Demarce.
MFC 29 is the only MFC event in which all bouts took place in a circular cage instead of their signature ring. This was done in accordance with the regulations utilized in Ontario which requires all mixed martial arts fights to be held in a cage structure. The MFC held a "Name the Cage" fan contest with the winning entry receiving a trip for two to see the show, including premium tickets to the fights, airfare, ground transportation, hotel accommodations, pre-show and after-party. The new MFC cage was named "The Ring".
- Lima defeated Martin via TKO (punches) at 1:14 of round 1.
- Jimmo defeated Cummings via unanimous decision (50–45, 49–46, 50–45).
- Lightweight bout: Marcus Davis vs. Curtis Demarce
- Davis defeated Demarce via split decision (28–29, 30–27, 29–28).
- Catchweight (160lb) bout: Robert Washington vs. Hermes Franca
- Franca defeated Washington via TKO (punches) at 0:26 of round 2.
- Welterweight bout: Demi Deeds vs. Pete Spratt
- Spratt defeated Deeds via submission (armbar) at 4:19 of round 2.
- Middleweight bout: Andreas Spang vs. Ali Mokdad
- Mokdad defeated Spang via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:35 of round 1.
- Lima defeated Taveirne via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:35 of round 3.
- Harris defeated Mady via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:07 of round 1.
- Spisak defeated Brown via unanimous decision.
- "MFC 29". maximumfighting.com. 2011-03-18.
- "Marcus Davis Gets New Opponent for MFC Debut, Curtis Demarce Steps Up to the Challenge". mmaweekly.com. 2011-03-06.
- "MFC stays in THE RING". maximumfighting.com. 2011-04-11.