|Wards||137 & 138|
|• Body||Chennai Corporation|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chennai South|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Virugambakkam|
|Civic agency||Chennai Corporation|
M.G.R Nagar is situated to the south of Anna Main Road, K.K. Nagar. It is surrounded by K.K.Nagar in the north, Nesapakkam in the West, Adyar River in the south and Jafferkhanpet in the South East.MGR Nagar
All the MTC buses originating or terminating at K.K. Nagar bus terminus ply through MGR Nagar's Three bus stops (M.G.R Nagar Market, Data Udipi Stop and Ajantha Stop) on the Anna Main road provide access to the neighbourhood. A number of share autos ply frequently to this area and beyond from Udayam Theatre Junction in Ashok Nagar.
The MGR Nagar Police station (R10) is located at Venkataraman road.
In October 2005, 42 people died in a stampede among the 4000 people who had gathered for flood relief distribution.
- "For residents of MGR Nagar, a Black Sunday". The Hindu. 19 December 2005. Archived from the original on 11 January 2008. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Residents appeal for public health centre". The Hindu. 31 July 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- V. Soundararani (27 November 2008). "Corporation removes encroachments on Anna Main Road". Arcot Road Times. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Shoba Srikanth (2 April 2010). "MGR Nagar police officers host meeting with residents". Arcot Road Times. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "42 killed in Chennai stampede". The Hindu. 19 December 2005. Archived from the original on 21 December 2005. Retrieved 5 August 2012.