|• Body||Chennai Corporation|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Chennai South|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Alandur|
|Civic agency||Chennai Corporation|
M.G.R Nagar can be reached through any bus originating/terminating at K.K. Nagar bus terminus. Three bus stops (M.G.R Nagar Market, Data Udipi Stop and Ajantha Stop) on the Anna Main road provide access to the neighbourhood. A number of share autos ply frequently to this area and beyond from Udayam Theatre Junction in Ashok Nagar.
The MGR Nagar Police station (R10) is located at Venkataraman street.
In October 2005, 42 people died in a stampede among the 4000 people who had gathered for flood relief distribution.
- "For residents of MGR Nagar, a Black Sunday". TheHindu. 19 December 2005. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- "Residents appeal for public health centre". The Hindu. 31 July 2011. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
- V. Soundararani (27 November 2008). "Corporation removes encroachments on Anna Main Road". Arcot Road Times. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- Shoba Srikanth (2 April 2010). "MGR Nagar police officers host meeting with residents". Arcot Road Times. Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "42 killed in Chennai stampede". The Hindu. 19 December 2005. Retrieved 5 August 2012.
|This Chennai location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|