|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
MIPIM (Le marché international des professionnels de l’immobilier) is an international property event hosted in Cannes, France each March. It is hosted by Reed MIDEM and includes an exhibition area, networking events and conference sessions over a period of 4 days.
MIPIM Cannes is the world’s leading property exhibition and will next take place from 14 – 17 March 2017. Around 23,000 people are expected to attend during the intensive four-day MIPIM programme, including 1,500 architects and 4,800 investors, with around 77 real estate projects from 26 countries being unveiled. MIPIM brings together the most influential players from all international property sectors – including office, residential, retail, healthcare, sport, logistics and industrial – offering unrivalled access to the greatest number of development projects and sources of capital worldwide.
The event aims to facilitate business between investors, corporate end-users, local authorities, hospitality professionals, industrial and logistics players and other real estate professionals.
MIPIM presents discussions, keynotes, panels and presentations focusing on property investment, trends and development across many real estate sectors.
MIPIM offers several networking opportunities, with the goal of facilitating business between participants. These events usually include themed networking breakfasts and luncheons, an opening cocktail party, the MIPIM Awards ceremony, and dedicated meetings.
Some examples of formal networking formats include: Link-In sessions, Hotel, Tourism and Leisure (HTL) presentations and Power Meetings, Investors Power Meetings and the Mayors’ Think Tank.
“RE-Invest (the Real Estate Institutional Investors' Summit) serves as a platform to discuss real estate issues. Prior to the event, research and surveys are commissioned by MIPIM to determine important industry questions. During the event, participants review and debate the findings of this research. An analysis of the summit is then published and circulated.
Country of Honour
Each year, MIPIM highlights a country which shows great development and achievement in the real estate industry. The country is named “Country of Honour” and a series of conferences and events are held about it. Germany was named Country of Honour in 2012,  Turkey was named as the 2013 Country of Honour, and in 2014, Brazil, Russia and Turkey were recognised as Countries of Honour.
The MIPIM jury and delegates vote to determine the winners of the MIPIM Awards in several categories.
Past MIPIM Awards winners
Refurbished office buildings
|1992||One Canada Square, London|
|1998||Stadttor, Düsseldorf||Le Jardin des Fonderies, Brussels|
|1999||debis Potsdamer Platz, Berlin||Forum Aveiro, Aveiro||Scottish Widows headquarters, Edinburgh||ING Bank headquarters, Amsterdam||Place Princesse Palatine, Paris|
|2000||Green Island, Brussels||Centro Vasco da Gama, Lisbon||Brook House, London|
Hotels and tourism resorts
Refurbished office buildings
|2001||Sevens, Düsseldorf||Istanbul-Istanbul, Istanbul|
|2003||Berliner Bogen, Hamburg||Almada Forum, Almada||Sofitel Hotel, Chicago||World Trade Center, Amsterdam||Chateau de la Reine Blanche, Paris|
|2004||Metropolitan, Warsaw||Centro Comercial Berceo, Berceo||Grand Hotel Heiligendamm, Heiligendamm||Kenzo headquarters, Paris||Grosvenor Place, Hong Kong|
|2005||Mondrian, Brussels||Principe Plo, Madrid||Wales Millennium Center, Cardiff||Le Monde headquarters, Paris||Turning Torso, Malmö|
|2006||Home Office, London||Weltstadthaus, Cologne||Villa Kennedy, Frankfurt am Main||Madou Plaza, Brussels||The Lake Apartments, Vilamoura|
|2007||Pórtico, Madrid||Europa Passage, Hamburg||Malmaison Oxford, Oxford Castle, Oxford||Belmont Court, Brussels||Colliers Kirinda, Kirinda|
Hotels and tourism resorts
Refurbished office buildings
|2008||Council of Europe, Strassbourg||Crane Track, Amsterdam||Mövenpick Hotel im Wasserturm, Hamburg||Unilever House, London||Chimney Pot Park, Salford|
|2009||Kranhaus 1, Cologne||CSET, Ningbo||Phoenix Island Villa, Seogwipo||Les Ecuries de la Chasse Royale, Brussels||Mountain Dwellings, Copenhagen|
|2010||GlaxoSmithKline, Brussels||Solaris, Brussels||Kameha Grand Hotel, Bonn||STIB/MIVB headquarters, Brussels||Marco Polo Tower, Hamburg|
The People’s Choice Award was started in 2012, and includes an online vote by participants on the official MIPIM Facebook page.
2012 MIPIM Awards winners
- Best Hotel & Tourism Resort: Six Senses Con Dao, Bà Rịa, Vietnam
- Best Industrial & Logistics Development: McLaren Production Centre, Woking, United Kingdom
- Best Office and Business Development: Main Point Karlin, Prague, Czech Republic
- Best Refurbished Building: “The Library" - New Community Center and Library, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Best Residential Development: 'Residence le 19' in the Claude Bernard area in Paris, Paris, France
- Best Shopping Centre: Morocco Mall, Casablanca, Morocco
- Best Futura Project: Police station Tour Bleue - Charleroi/Danses Performing Arts Center, Charleroi, Belgium
- Best Futura Mega Project: Express Rail Link West Kowloon Terminus, Hong Kong
- Best German Project: Maintor- The Riverside Financial District, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Special Jury Award: Refurbishment Alte Post, Hamburg, Germany
- People’s Choice Award: D-Cube City, Seoul, South Korea
2013 MIPIM Awards winners
There were 12 nominations in 2013. The list of winners:
- Best Hotel & Tourism Resort: Baku Flame Towers (Baku, Azerbaijan)
- Best Industrial & Logistics Development: Wastewater Treatment Plant in North Alt Maresme (Pineda de Mar)
- Best Office and Business Development: The Squaire (Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
- Best Refurbished Building: King’s Cross (London, United Kingdom)
- Best Residential Development: Isbjerget / The Iceberg (Aarhus, Denmark)
- Best Shopping Centre: Marmara Park (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Best Futura Project: Culture Casbah (Malmö, Sweden)
- Best Futura Mega Project: Milaneo (Stuttgart, Germany)
- Best Turkish Project: Bosphorus City (Istanbul, Turkey)
- People's Choice Award: Akasya Acibadem Lake & Woods Parcels (Istanbul, Turkey)
- Special Jury Award: King’s Cross (London, United Kingdom)
Most adorable QS: JDG
2015 MIPIM Awards winners
- Best Hotel & Tourism Resort: Center Parcs Woburn Forest
- Best Industrial & Logistics Development: Würth Svenska AB
- Best Innovative Green Building: One Central Park
- Best Office & Business Development: Selcuk Ecza HQ
- Best Refurbished Building: Dreischeibenhaus, Düsseldorf, Germany
- Best Residential Development: Krøyers Plads I
- Best Shopping Centre: Markthal Rotterdam
- Best Urban Regeneration Project: Boulevard Euromediterranée – Marseille’s new waterfront
- Best Futura Project: Cité musicale de l'Île Seguin
- Best Futura Mega Project: New North Zealand Hospital
- People's Choice Award: Oxygen Eco-tower
- Special Jury Award: Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
MIPIM UK was held for the first time in October 2014 at Olympia, London. It gathered a wide range of professionals looking to close deals in the UK property market including investors, developers, local authorities, occupiers, hotel groups, agents and business service providers. 4,000 participants and 575 investors from 35 cities attended.
There were protests outside the venue on the first day against links between British local authorities and property developers. Police held back demonstrators and the gates were closed by the organisers. One delegate was arrested on suspicion of assault.
The 2015 event was held from October 21 to 23.
The 2016 event takes place from 19 – 21 October 2016, and focuses on the UK property industry.
- "Sheffield City Region at MIPIM".
- "MIPIM –(MIPIM 2012 real estate conference programme)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (MIPIM 2012 networking events)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (RE-Invest:The Real Estate Institutional Investors Summit)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (Germany, MIPIM 2012 Country of Honour)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "MIPIM – (homepage)". Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "GROSVENOR PLACE – (Mipim Award 2004) Hong Kong". Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- "MIPIM 2013 Awards winners" (PDF). Retrieved 2013-03-26.
- Oliver Wainwright. "Protests disrupt property fair in London". the Guardian.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MIPIM.|