3D model (JSmol)
CompTox Dashboard (EPA)
|Molar mass||407.477 g·mol−1|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
It is intended to be used with other cancer therapies that advanced tumours may become resistant to.
2011: A phase 1 clinical trial of MK-2206 alone has reported it was well tolerated.
2014: A phase 1 clinical trial of MK-2206 with a variety of other agents in 72 patients with advanced cancer reported acceptable side-effects.
2016: MK-2206 is one of the treatments in the I-SPY2 Adaptive clinical trial for breast cancer that had been selected for later stage trials.
As of August 2017[update] 31 phase II clinical trials are registered, many completed. e.g. in colorectal cancer, breast cancer, and many others.
- MK-2206 dihydrochloride (CAS 1032350-13-2) inc structure diagram
- MK-2206, an Allosteric Akt Inhibitor, Enhances Antitumor Efficacy by Standard Chemotherapeutic Agents or Molecular Targeted Drugs In vitro and In vivo. Hirai et al. 2010
- A trial of MK-2206 with chemotherapy or erlotinib for advanced cancer
- Yap, TA; Yan, L; Patnaik, A; Fearen, I; Olmos, D; Papadopoulos, K; Baird, RD; Delgado, L; Taylor, A; Lupinacci, L; Riisnaes, R; Pope, LL; Heaton, SP; Thomas, G; Garrett, MD; Sullivan, DM; de Bono, JS; Tolcher, AW (2011). "First-in-man clinical trial of the oral pan-AKT inhibitor MK-2206 in patients with advanced solid tumors". J Clin Oncol. 29: 4688–95. doi:10.1200/JCO.2011.35.5263. PMID 22025163.
- Novel Agents are Targeting Drivers of TNBC - Several drug candidates in I-SPY2 have 'graduated' to later-phase studies. June 2016
- MK-2206 phase=2 trials
|This pharmacology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|