|Products||Anti-aircraft defence systems, Missiles, Anti-ballistic missiles|
MKB Fakel was founded in 1953 to facilitate development of guided surface-to-air missiles in response to a growing threat of US air attack on the Soviet Union and its allies. MKB "Fakel" developed missiles which were used in Soviet surface-to-air defense systems S-75, 9K33 Osa, S-125, S-200, S-300, and many other systems.
Missiles developed by MKB "Fakel" were the first in the world surface-to-air guided missiles successfully employed in military action. On May 1, 1960, American high altitude spy plane U-2 was shot down near Sverdlovsk by Fakel's 11D missile (S-75) while illegally flying over Soviet territory. Overall, missiles developed by MKB "Fakel" were employed in more than 30 countries, including Cuba, China, Vietnam and destroyed more than 2,500 of enemy aircraft.
In 2002 the company joined the Almaz-Antey holding.
- V-750 series missiles (for SA-2 / S-75) systems),
- 5V24 (V-600), 5V27 (V-601) missiles (for SA-3 / S-125 systems),
- 5V21, 5V28, 5V28V missiles (for SA-5 / S-200 systems),
- 5V55K, 5V55R, 5V55R / 5V55KD, 5V55U, 48N6, 48N6E2 missiles (for SA-10 and SA-20 / S-300P-series systems),
- 40N6 (for the SA-21 / S-400 system),
- 9M96 series (for the SA-21 / S-400 and the S-350 systems),
- 9M33, 9M33M1, 9M33M2, 9M33M3, 9A33BM3 missiles (for SA-8 / 9K33 Osa system),
- 9M330, 9M331, 9M332, 9M338 missiles (for the SA-15 / 9K330 Tor-series systems),
- 51T6 (SH-11) Gorgon missile (for the A-135 ABM-system).
- Official website (in Russian)