This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (December 2021)
|Industry||Software, Cloud Databases|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
mLab is a fully managed cloud database service that hosts MongoDB databases. mLab runs on cloud providers Amazon, Google, and Microsoft Azure, and has partnered with platform-as-a-service providers.
In May 2011, mLab secured $3 million in first-round funding from Foundry Group, Baseline Ventures, Upfront Ventures, Freestyle Capital, and David Cohen.
In October 2012, mLab received a follow-on investment of $5 million and shortly thereafter, mLab was named by Network World as one of the 10 most useful cloud databases along with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud SQL, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, and others.
In June 2014, MongoDB Inc. announced a fully managed MongoDB-as-a-Service Add-On offering on the Microsoft Azure store. The offering is delivered in collaboration with Microsoft and mLab.
In February 2016, mLab changed its name from MongoLab to mLab to expand into new areas and products.
In October 2018, mLab announced that it will be acquired by MongoDB Inc., citing reasons of a shared vision and engineering culture. All engineers at mLab have been invited to join MongoDB Inc. All of mLab's customers will be transitioned to MongoDB Atlas instances. The acquisition "is expected to close in the fourth quarter of MongoDB’s fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2019".
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Partners
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Partners
- Empson, Rip (2011-05-18). "Cloud Database Provider MongoLab Raises $3 Million From Foundry, Baseline, And Others". Techcrunch.
- Harris, Derrick (2012-10-31). "MongoLab explains why everyone loves MongoDB (and raises $5M)". Gigaom.
- Wen, Ben (2012-10-31). "MongoLab Launches Its MongoDB Cloud Database Service on Microsoft's Windows Azure". BusinessWire.
- Butler, Brandon (2012-12-19). "10 of the most useful cloud databases". Network World. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29.
- Aslett, Matt (2013-09-18). "ObjectLabs enjoys developer-driven adoption of MongoLab managed DBaaS". The 451 Group.
- ^ Cloud Database Provider MongoLab Raises $3 Million From Foundry, Baseline, And Others – TechCrunch
- ^ MongoLab explains why everyone loves MongoDB (and raises $5M) – Gigaom
- ^ "10 of the most useful cloud databases". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-11-07. 10 of the most useful cloud databases
- ^ "MongoDB Announces Fully-Managed Service on Microsoft Azure | MongoDB". Archived from the original on 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-06-29. MongoDB announces fully managed service on Microsoft Azure
- ^ MongoLab Changes Its Name To mLab As It looks Beyond Database Management
- Cloud computing providers
- Software companies based in California
- Technology companies based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Software companies based in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Cloud infrastructure
- Defunct software companies of the United States
- 2011 establishments in the United States
- 2011 establishments in California
- Software companies established in 2011
- Companies established in 2011