|Industry||Software, Cloud Databases|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, California|
In October 2012, mLab received a follow-on investment of $5 million  and shortly thereafter, mLab was named by Network World as one of the 10 most useful cloud databases along with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud SQL, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, and others.
In June 2014, MongoDB Inc. announced a fully managed highly available MongoDB-as-a-Service Add-On offering on the Microsoft Azure store. The offering is delivered in collaboration with Microsoft and mLab.
In February 2016, mLab changed its name from MongoLab to mLab to expand into new areas and products.
In October 2018, mLab announced that it will be acquired by MongoDB Inc., citing reasons of a shared vision and engineering culture. All engineers at mLab have been invited to join MongoDB Inc. All of mLab's customers will be transitioned to MongoDB Atlas instances. The acquisition "is expected to close in the fourth quarter of MongoDB’s fiscal year ending Jan. 31, 2019".
Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Partners
Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) Partners
- Empson, Rip (2011-05-18). "Cloud Database Provider MongoLab Raises $3 Million From Foundry, Baseline, And Others". Techcrunch.
- Ryan, Claire (2012-04-26). "MongoLab Presents At Under The Radar". Under The Radar. Archived from the original on 2016-03-25. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- Shulman, Will (2012-08-02). "Why is MongoDB wildly popular? It's a data structure thing". MongoLab. Archived from the original on 2015-09-15. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- Harris, Derrick (2012-10-31). "MongoLab explains why everyone loves MongoDB (and raises $5M)". Gigaom.
- Wen, Ben (2012-10-31). "MongoLab Launches Its MongoDB Cloud Database Service on Microsoft's Windows Azure". BusinessWire.
- Butler, Brandon (2012-12-19). "10 of the most useful cloud databases". Network World. Archived from the original on 2013-10-29.
- Aslett, Matt (2013-09-18). "ObjectLabs enjoys developer-driven adoption of MongoLab managed DBaaS". The 451 Group.
-  mLab raises $3M
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2013-11-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) 10 of the most useful cloud databases
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-06-30. Retrieved 2014-06-29.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) MongoDB announces fully managed service on Microsoft Azure
-  MongoLab Changes Its Name To mLab As It looks Beyond Database Management
- "mLab is becoming a part of MongoDB, Inc". Retrieved 2018-10-10.
- "MongoDB Strengthens Global Cloud Database with Acquisition of mLab". Retrieved 2018-10-10.