|CompTox Dashboard (EPA)|
|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||357.457 g·mol−1|
|3D model (JSmol)|
MN 18 is an indazole-based synthetic cannabinoid that is an agonist for the cannabinoid receptors, with Ki values of 45.72 nM at CB1 and 11.098 nM at CB2 and EC50 values of 2.028 nM at CB1 and 1.233 nM at CB2, and has been sold online as a designer drug. It is the indazole core analogue of NNE1. Given the known metabolic liberation (and presence as an impurity) of amantadine in the related compound APINACA, it is suspected that metabolic hydrolysis of the amide group of MN-18 may release 1-naphthylamine, a known carcinogen. MN-18 metabolism has been described in literature.
- Gamage TF, Farquhar CE, Lefever TW, Marusich JA, Kevin RC, McGregor IS, et al. (May 2018). "Molecular and Behavioral Pharmacological Characterization of Abused Synthetic Cannabinoids MMB- and MDMB-FUBINACA, MN-18, NNEI, CUMYL-PICA, and 5-Fluoro-CUMYL-PICA". The Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 365 (2): 437–446. doi:10.1124/jpet.117.246983. PMC 5932312. PMID 29549157.
- "MN-18". Southern Association of Forensic Scientists. Archived from the original on 23 July 2015. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Uchiyama N, Shimokawa Y, Kikura-Hanajiri R, Demizu Y, Goda Y, Hakamatsuka T (February 2015). "N-OH-EDMA, and a cathinone derivative dimethoxy-α-PHP, newly identified in illegal products". Forensic Toxicology. 33 (2): 244–259. doi:10.1007/s11419-015-0268-7. PMC 4525202. PMID 26257833.
- Diao X, Carlier J, Zhu M, Huestis MA (November 2017). "Human Hepatocyte Metabolism of Novel Synthetic Cannabinoids MN-18 and Its 5-Fluoro Analog 5F-MN-18". Clinical Chemistry. 63 (11): 1753–1763. doi:10.1373/clinchem.2017.277152. PMID 28821542.
- Kevin RC, Lefever TW, Snyder RW, Patel PR, Gamage TF, Fennell TR, et al. (January 2018). "Kinetic and metabolic profiles of synthetic cannabinoids NNEI and MN-18". Drug Testing and Analysis. 10 (1): 137–147. doi:10.1002/dta.2262. PMC 5785468. PMID 28834241.
- "Cannabinoider föreslås bli klassificerade som hälsofarlig vara". Folkhälsomyndigheten. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Turkish Drug Law List". Resmi Gazete. 15 Sep 2014.