|Chemical and physical data|
|Molar mass||357.5 g/mol|
|3D model (JSmol)|
MN 18 is an indazole-based synthetic cannabinoid that is an agonist for the cannabinoid receptors, with Ki values of 45.72 nM at CB1 and 11.098 nM at CB2 and EC50 values of 2.028 nM at CB1 and 1.233 nM at CB2, and has been sold online as a designer drug. It is the indazole core analogue of NNE1. Given the known metabolic liberation (and presence as an impurity) of amantadine in the related compound APINACA, it is suspected that metabolic hydrolysis of the amide group of MN-18 may release 1-naphthylamine, a known carcinogen. MN-18 metabolism has been described in literature.
- Gamage, Thomas F.; Farquhar, Charlotte E.; Lefever, Timothy W.; Marusich, Julie A.; Kevin, Richard C.; McGregor, Iain S.; Wiley, Jenny L.; Thomas, Brian F. (April 2018). "Molecular and behavioral pharmacological characterization of abused synthetic cannabinoids MMB- and MDMB-FUBINACA, MN-18, NNEI, CUMYL-PICA, and 5-fluoro-CUMYL-PICA". Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics. 365 (1): jpet.117.246983. doi:10.1124/jpet.117.246983. ISSN 0022-3565. PMID 29549157.
- "MN-18". Southern Association of Forensic Scientists. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- Nahoko Uchiyama; Yoshihiko Shimokawa; Ruri Kikura-Hanajiri; Yosuke Demizu; Yukihiro Goda; Takashi Hakamatsuka (February 2015). "A synthetic cannabinoid FDU-NNEI, two 2H-indazole isomers of synthetic cannabinoids AB-CHMINACA and NNEI indazole analog (MN-18), a phenethylamine derivative N–OH-EDMA, and a cathinone derivative dimethoxy-α-PHP, newly identified in illegal products". Forensic Toxicology. 33: 244–259. doi:10.1007/s11419-015-0268-7. PMC . PMID 26257833.
- Xingxing Diao; Jeremy Carlier; Mingshe Zhu; Marilyn A. Huestis (August 2017). "Human Hepatocyte Metabolism of Novel Synthetic Cannabinoids MN-18 and Its 5-Fluoro Analog 5F-MN-18". Clinical Chemistry. doi:10.1373/clinchem.2017.277152.
- Richard C. Kevin; Timothy W. Lefever; Rodney W. Snyder; Purvi R. Patel; Thomas F. Gamage; Timothy R. Fennell; Jenny L. Wiley; Iain S. McGregor; Brian F. Thomas (August 2017). "Kinetic and metabolic profiles of synthetic cannabinoids NNEI and MN-18". Drug Testing and Analysis. doi:10.1002/dta.2262.
- "Cannabinoider föreslås bli klassificerade som hälsofarlig vara". Folkhälsomyndigheten. 28 May 2014. Retrieved 23 July 2015.
- "Turkish Drug Law List". Resmi Gazete. 15 Sep 2014.
|This cannabinoid related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|