MODELISAR is an ITEA 2 (Information Technology for European Advancement) European project aiming to improve the design of systems and of embedded software in vehicles. The MODELISAR goals were to:
- Support the AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System ARchitecture) standard (AUTOSAR is a standardized automotive software architecture)
- Develop the Functional Mock-up Interface standardized interface
The MODELISAR project started in 2008 , ended Dec 2011 to define the Functional Mock-up Interface specifications, deliver technology studies, prove the FMI concepts through Use Cases elaborated by the consortium partners and enable tool vendors to build advanced prototypes or in some cases even products. MODELISAR has been awarded during ITEA 2 & ARTEMIS co summit with a Silver award. See ITEA 2 achievement award
Although in MODELISAR the focus was driven by automotive Use Cases, the FMI specifications could be independently defined. Therefore the FMI can now address others industrial domains such as Energy, Aerospace, Rail.
- "Welcome to ITEA 2". itea2.org. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "Project Profile". modelisar.com. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
- "MODELISAR". itea2.org. Retrieved 2012-01-29.
The purpose of MODELISAR has been to introduce functional mock-up (FMU), a next generation of methods, standards and tools to support collaborative design, simulation and test of systems and embedded software