|Place of origin||Switzerland|
|Used by||Germany, Denmark, Switzerland|
|Wars||War in Afghanistan|
|Unit cost||Eagle V: CHF 807 thousand (US$812 thousand) (FY2020)|
|Variants||Eagle I, II, III, IV, V|
|Mass||4x4:7,000 kg (15,000 lb) (curb) |
4x4:10,000 kg (22,000 lb) (GVM)
6x6:7,700 kg (17,000 lb) (curb)
6x6:15,000 kg (33,000 lb) (GVM)
|Length||5.37 m (211 in) |
6x6: 6.9 m (270 in)
|length||3.53 m (139 in) (wheelbase)|
|Width||2.16 m (85 in)|
|Height||2.0 m (79 in)|
Ballistic level 2
Mine level 2a
|remote weapon system|
|Engine||Cummins ISBe 5.9L|
184 kW (250 hp)
|Payload capacity||2,200 kg (4,900 lb) (at protection level 2/2a) |
6x6: 7,300 kg (16,100 lb)
|Suspension||4x4 or 6x6 wheeled|
|Ground clearance||0.4 m (16 in)|
|Fuel capacity||180 L (48 US gal; 40 imp gal)|
|650 km (400 mi)|
|Maximum speed||110 km/h (68 mph)|
The MOWAG Eagle is a wheeled armored vehicle designed by the Swiss MOWAG corporation. It has gone through several generations of development. The current vehicle, introduced in November 2003, is the Eagle IV, which is based on the Duro IIIP chassis. The original MOWAG Eagle used the chassis and running gear of the United States Humvee, while the Eagle II and Eagle III use the chassis and running gear of the Humvee ECV. A Prototype is now part of the Military Museum Full. The MOWAG Eagle IV and V used the chassis and running gear of the Mowag Duro.
A modular 6×6 variant that was developed for an Australian Army tender made its market debut at Eurosatory 2012.
The Danish Army ordered 36 Eagle V in four different configurations (patrol, electronic warfare, support and reconnaissance) in May 2017. According to public records from the Danish Parliament, the acquisition cost of the 36 EAGLE 5 Vehicles is DKK 233,6 mill. (approx. USD 35 mill) including Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) (driving cameras, radios, weapons mounts). This translates into an average price per vehicle of USD 972.000. According to the records the sustainment cost of the 36-vehicle fleet is estimated at DKK 116,1 mill. (approx. DKK 7,3 mill.) over a 15 year period.
Eagle I, II, III
- Switzerland Swiss Army – A total of 329 Eagle I and II are in use as light armored reconnaissance vehicles (Aufklärungsfahrzeug), armed with a 7.5mm Pz Mg 51/71 machine gun and fitted with thermal imaging and radio equipment. They are known respectively as Aufklärungsfahrzeug 93 and Aufklärungsfahrzeug 97. 120 Eagle III have been acquired as mobile artillery observer vehicles in 2003, with substantial improvements made to communications and surveillance equipment (yet lacking the machine gun of previous versions).
- Denmark Danish Army – 36 Eagle I, known as Spejdervogn M/95. Nowadays, the M/95 is used without the original MKB-2 turret.
- Denmark Danish Army – 90 
- The Danish Army ordered 36 Eagle V in four different configurations (patrol, electronic warfare, support and reconnaissance) in May 2017. Deliveries are expected in 2018 and 2019 with final operation from 2019.
- The German Armed Forces ordered 176 Eagle V in May 2013 and 80 Eagle V 6x6 armored ambulance vehicles in March 2020.
- The Swiss Armed Forces ordered 100 Eagle V 6x6 TASYS armoured reconnaissance vehicles on 5 December 2019
- MOWAG GmbH - News & Press Releases > Roll-out of the new EAGLE IV in Kreuzlingen[dead link]
- "Mowag Eagle - Danish Army Vehicles Homepage". Armyvehicles.dk. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- Clapperton, Matthew (22 June 2017). "Denmark confirms selection of Eagle V". IHS Jane's 360. London. Archived from the original on 24 June 2017. Retrieved 24 June 2017.
- "Danish Parliament Defence Committee 2016-2017 (FOU Alm.del Bilag 85)". The Danish Parliament. May 10, 2017.
- Army Technology - MOWAG - Armoured Wheeled Vehicles Archived February 2, 2006, at the Wayback Machine[unreliable source?]
- "Mowag Eagle IV Aufklfz EOR 4x4 gl - Gepanzerte Fahrzeuge - Radfahrzeuge | militärfahrzeuge.ch". www.militaerfahrzeuge.ch. Retrieved 2017-10-23.
- MOWAG GmbH - News & Press Releases > MOWAG EAGLE IV 4x4 vehicles for Denmark[dead link]
- "defence.professionals". defpro.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- "Europäische Sicherheit Online!". Europaeische-sicherheit.de. Archived from the original on 2012-03-14. Retrieved 2011-09-17.
- DALO (4 May 2017). "Choice for Armored Patrol Vehicle Approved". Danish Defence Acquisition and Logistics Organization (in Danish). Retrieved 4 May 2017.
- "Mowag to deliver 100 Eagle 6x6 reconnaissance vehicles". MOWAG. Retrieved 8 May 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MOWAG Eagle.|