Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up mpd in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
MPD may refer to:
- Medium PRF (pulse repetition frequency) doppler radar used e.g. in fighter and missile applications
- Memory Protection Devices, a company that manufactures battery holders
- Multiple personality disorder - now called dissociative identity disorder, a mental condition where two or more distinct personalities are theorized to control the behaviour of a single individual
- Myeloproliferative disease - a group of diseases of the bone marrow
- Maximum permissible dose of radiation
- Meatpacking District - a neighborhood in New York City
- Managed Pressure Drilling - general term for controlling the mud circulation to optimize the bottomhole pressure.
- Manila Police District
- Milwaukee Police Department, the police department in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Minneapolis Police Department, the police department in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Montreal Police Department, the police department in Montreal, Canada
- Memphis Police Department, the police department in Memphis, Tennessee
- Metropolitan Police Department of the District of Columbia, the municipal police force for the city of Washington, District of Columbia
- Miami Police Department
- Metropolitan Police District, the area policed by the Metropolitan Police Service in London, United Kingdom
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department, the police department in Tokyo, Japan.
- Mumbai Police Department
- Movement for Democracy (Cape Verde) - a political party in Cape Verde
- Movimiento Popular Democrático, a political party in Ecuador
- Magnetoplasmadynamic thruster - an electric space propulsion engine
- Mesoscale precipitation discussion - a short-term meteorological forecast issued by the Weather Prediction Center concerning heavy precipitation and flash flooding
- Multivariate Pólya distribution - a statistical distribution
- Mouse Phenome Database - an online database of laboratory mouse characterizations
- Maximum Path Difference - in a Michelson interferometer the point where the moving mirror is at its position farthest from the beamsplitter
- MPD programming language - a concurrent programming language.
- Music Player Daemon - a music-player server.
- Dynamic Adaptive Streaming over HTTP Media Presentation Description
- Multi-link PPP daemon - netgraph based implementation of the multi-link PPP protocol for FreeBSD
- "mPD" is a surveying term meaning "metres above Principal Datum" and refers to height of 1.230m below the average sea level. The term is used frequently in Hong Kong.
- UTA MPD a type of diesel multiple unit railcar of Northern Ireland Railways
- MPD, the ICAO airline designator for Air Comet
- Motive power depot, a location used to store locomotives
- A range of MIDI pad controllers made by Akai
- Multiple Purpose Document (airlines) is a document similar to an MCO
- Mobile Positioning Data, used for official tourism statistics
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title MPD.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.