This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (September 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|MSC Malaysia Cybercentre Management|
|Headquarters||Johor Bahru, Malaysia|
MSC Cyberport Johor is a public-private partnership spearheaded by the State Government of Johor, Malaysia to create a Global Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Business Hub for ICT companies from around the world within the Iskandar Malaysia. It is part with the MSC Malaysia initiative of the Government of Malaysia.
MSC Cyberport Johor presently covers two designated locations, namely Menara MSC Cyberport and Bandar MSC Cyberport which is within the Iskandar Malaysia. The MSC Malaysia Cybercentre@Menara MSC Cyberport is ready for occupancy while Bandar MSC Cyberport was being completed in phases beginning in 2009. The two hubs are intended to promote the growth of ICT and knowledge-based industries.
The Prime Minister of Malaysia, Y.A.B. Dato’ Seri Abdullah bin Haji Ahmad Badawi on 28 June 2006 approved MSC Malaysia Cybercentre Status for Menara MSC Cyberport, the first MSC Malaysia Cybercentre in Southern Malaysia and launched it on 14 August 2006.
MSC Malaysia was originally centred in Cyberjaya, near the capital of Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. In June 2004, the MSC Malaysia Implementation Council Meeting outlined the National Roll-out of the MSC Malaysia to other states in Malaysia. Johor is one of the states identified for this roll-out.
Targeted business clusters
The targeted key business activities of the MSC Malaysia community in MSC Cyberport Johor are mainly from business clusters of Shared Services Outsourcing (SSO), Software Development and Creative Multimedia Content. Singapore’s position as the regional logistics and financial hub provides Johor the opportunity to become a shared services outsourcing hub with focus in call centre & logistics outsourcing.
MSC Cyberport has recently signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Teleperformance, a provider of outsource Customer Relationships Management (CRM) and contact centre services, to develop and grow the contact centre industry in the State of Johor. It is expected that this partnership will create at least 5,000 employed knowledge workers within a 5-year period.
MSC Malaysia Cybercentre @ Menara MSC Cyberport
The MSC Malaysia Cybercentre at Menara MSC Cyberport is a location for MSC Malaysia companies which intend to base their business operations or expand their businesses in the southern region of Malaysia and Singapore.
The MSC Cyberport One Stop Shop offers value added facilitation services for ICT companies to set up their businesses in MSC Cyberport which includes :-
- MSC Cyberport Business Innovation Centre and MSC Malaysia Incubator Centre
- MSC Malaysia Technology Lab - Microsoft & Java platform labs accessible to MSC Malaysia companies located in MSC Cyberport Johor
- MSC Malaysia Status application by assisting in business and financial plan preparation and follow-up with MDeC
- Provisions of company secretarial services, registration, licensing and liaison with utilities companies for setup of new businesses and companies
- Access to funds and grants via close collaborations with the venture capitalists, debt funders and MDeC
- Access to knowledge workers database via collaborations with the institutions of higher learning
- Daily office operational and administrative support services – provisions of shared services including wireless internet access, telecommunication, printing, copying, faxing and personalised reception services
Bandar MSC Cyberport
Bandar MSC Cyberport, the ICT flagship of Iskandar Malaysia, is a new mixed development project to be developed on a 150-acre (0.61 km2) freehold land in Indahpura, Kulai which has been identified as the MSC Malaysia Cybercity in Johor. It is located within the area of Kulai and Senai, about 35 kilometres north-west of Johor Bahru city centre and surrounded by a number of established and ongoing residential developments.
The proposed Bandar MSC Cyberport will be developed in 3 phases, starting from 2010 over a 10-year period with an estimated Gross Development Value (GDV) of USD341 Million (RM1.16 Billion). Phase 1 will cover 31.24-acre (126,400 m2) and its GDV is estimated at USD135 Million (RM460 Million). The phase 1 development is expected to commence by 2010 and complete by end of 2012.
MSC Cyberport had recently signed a MoU with Sunil Mantri Realty Ltd, a leading Special Economic Zones Developer from India. About USD100 Million (RM324 Million) investment is expected to be injected from the Mumbai-based property developer to develop, construct and market Bandar MSC Cyberport in Kulai.
Notes and references
- http://www.theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_f22aa890-cb73c03a-18bbf550-6151704e Contact Centre Collaboration with Teleperformance
- http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v3/news_lite.php?id=332618 Archived 24 May 2011 at the Wayback Machine ICT Flagship in Iskandar Malaysia
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 June 2008. Retrieved 12 September 2008.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link) Investment by Sunil Mantri Realty Ltd on development of Bandar MSC Cyberport
- MSC Malaysia
- Iskandar Malaysia
- http://www.mdv.com.my/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_913d9d9e-a9fef549-4d93e300-fa8a1655[permanent dead link]