MSC Seaside in port
|Port of registry:||Malta, Valletta|
|Laid down:||4 March 2016|
|Completed:||29 November 2017|
|In service:||1 December 2017|
|Length:||323 m (1,060 ft)|
|Beam:||41 m (135 ft)|
|Draft:||8.5 m (28 ft)|
|Depth:||12.1 m (40 ft)|
|Speed:||21.3 knots (24.5 mph)|
MSC Seaside is a cruise ship built for MSC Cruises. The first of MSC's next-generation Seaside class vessels, it is the largest cruise ship ever to be constructed by its builder, Fincantieri of Italy, and features a custom-designed multi-story aqua park built by WhiteWater West of Canada. The first steel cut took place on 22 June 2015 in Monfalcone. The keel was laid in Monfalcone on 4 March 2016, and the vessel was floated out of the shipyard on 26 November. When it debuted, it was the 14th largest cruise ship in the world, behind Freedom of the Seas and Independence of the Seas.
Seaside entered into service in December 2017. It is operating year-round to the Caribbean, from a renovated and expanded dedicated berth and terminal at PortMiami, Florida, USA. The naming ceremony was on 22 December 2017 in Miami.
On 17 November 2018, 7 crew members from the MSC Seaside (3 Jamaicans and 4 South Africans) were arrested at the Port of Miami after Customs and Border Protection officers found 7 kilograms of cocaine and 100 000 US Dollars in their cabins and in their possession. According to officers the cocaine came from Jamaica en route to the USA and that they were recruited by a Jamaican. The incident was confirmed by MSC Cruises PR Department. All seven suspects are being held in custody with bail set at $250 000. They appeared in the Miami Federal Court on December 3 and pleaded not guilty. If found guilty they can face imprisonment of between 10 years or life. The investigation continues. The South African Department of International Relations confirmed the incident. ′
- "MSC Seaside (9745366)". Leonardo Info. Registro Italiano Navale. Retrieved 2017-11-29.
- Cox, Martin (17 March 2015). "MSC reveals SEASIDE class". Maritime Matters. Retrieved 7 April 2015.
- "Seaside Construction Begins". 2016-03-08. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "All Cruise News". 2016-03-06. Retrieved 2016-04-01.
- "MSC Seaside Floated Out at Fincantieri". Cruise Industry News. 26 November 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "MSC Seaside Taufe am 22. Dezember 2017 in Miami" (in German). 2016-11-26. Retrieved 2016-11-26.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MSC Seaside (ship, 2017).|
|This article about a specific cruise ship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|