MSU Soccer Park at Pittser Field
|Location||1 Normal Avenue|
Montclair, NJ 07043
|Owner||Montclair State University|
|Operator||Montclair State University|
|Field size||120 x 75 yards|
|Montclair State Red Hawks (NCAA) (1998–present)|
New York Red Bulls II (USLC) (2017–present)
New York Red Bulls U-23 (USL2) (2017–present)
MSU Soccer Park at Pittser Field is a soccer-specific stadium on the campus of Montclair State University in Montclair, New Jersey. Built on the site of a former baseball field, MSU Soccer Park opened in 1998 as the home of the Montclair State Red Hawks men's and women's soccer teams.
From 2007 to 2013, Montclair State was the training site for the Major League Soccer club New York Red Bulls while their Red Bull Training Facility was constructed in nearby Hanover Township, New Jersey. The Red Bulls helped finance the construction of a new field house, as well as the installation of a FIFA approved FieldTurf surface at MSU Soccer Park. Lights were installed in 2012 allowing for night matches to be played.
In 2016 it was announced that the Red Bulls' United Soccer League affiliate club, New York Red Bulls II, would move into MSU Soccer Park in 2017. To accommodate the Red Bulls II, MSU Soccer Park underwent significant renovations to keep the facility in line with stadium standards set by the United States Soccer Federation for lower division professional soccer clubs. MSU Soccer Park's capacity was expanded to 3,000 seats for the 2017 season and will expand to 5,000 seats over the course of five years. Further renovations include the construction of new locker rooms.
In December 2016, Major League Soccer Commissioner Don Garber, a Montclair resident, became the first season ticketholder for Red Bulls II at MSU Soccer Park. At this event, it was also announced that MSU Soccer Park would host select matches for New York Red Bulls U-23, the MLS franchise's affiliate club in USL League Two.
In January 2018, the Red Bulls announced the expansion of MSU Soccer Park by 1,500 seats bringing the total capacity to 5,000 seats. In addition to the expanded seating capacity, the club built new locker rooms adjacent to the playing field and upgraded the FieldTurf playing surface. The renovations were made ahead of and during the 2018 USL season, forcing the Red Bulls II to play their first six home matches at Red Bull Arena.
- "Montclair State Athletics". Montclair State University. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Evolution of the Montclair State Athletics Logo" (PDF). February 3, 2012. Retrieved August 10, 2017.
- "NEW TRAINING DIGS Red Bulls to practice at Montclair State". Bigapplesoccer.com. February 1, 2007. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "A LITTLE BACKGROUND Some details on Montclair State refit for Red Bulls II". Bigapplesoccer.com. May 18, 2016. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "Facilities". Montclair State University. Retrieved August 4, 2017.
- "New York Red Bulls II Make Montclair State University Home; Remainder of 2016 USL Schedule to be played at Red Bull Arena". New York Red Bulls. May 10, 2016. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "MLS Commissioner Don Garber Becomes NYRB II's First Season Ticket Holder". New York Red Bulls. December 19, 2016. Retrieved July 17, 2017.
- "NYRB II Announce 2018 USL Schedule". New York Red Bulls. January 19, 2018. Retrieved January 22, 2018.
|This article about a sports venue in New Jersey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|