Mammal Species of the World
Wilson & Reeder's Mammal Species of the World, now in its third edition, is a standard reference work in zoology giving descriptions and bibliographic data for the known species of mammals, and was edited by Don E. Wilson and DeeAnn M. Reeder.
An updated Third Edition of Mammal Species of the World was published late in 2005.
The fourth edition is currently being compiled by multiple authors internationally, and is being edited by DeeAnn M. Reeder and Kristofer M. Helgen.
- "Mammal species of the world: a taxonomic and geographic reference". Google Scholar. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- Wilson, Don E.; Reeder, DeeAnn M. (editors) (2005). Mammal Species of the World — A Taxonomic and Geographic Reference (Print) (Third ed.). Baltimore, Maryland: Johns Hopkins University Press/Bucknell University. pp. 2,142. ISBN 978-0-8018-8221-0. Retrieved October 21, 2014.
- "About MSW". Smithsonian Institution. Retrieved 25 October 2012.
- Site hosted by the Smithsonian
- Site hosted by Bucknell University
- Mammal Species of the World at Google Books
|This article about a book on zoology or animals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|