MS Amsterdam passing Lei Yue Mun
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Yard number:||Venice 6052|
|Maiden voyage:||30 October 2000|
|In service:||October 2000|
|Class and type:||R class cruise ship|
|Length:||237.0 m (777.6 ft)|
|Beam:||32.25 m (105.8 ft)|
|Draught:||8.1 m (27 ft)|
|Deck clearance:||26.7 m (88 ft)|
|Installed power:||37,500 kW|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two ABB Azipod units (15.5 MW each)|
|Speed:||25 knots (46 km/h; 29 mph)|
MS Amsterdam is a cruise ship owned and operated by Holland America Line, named for the northern Holland city of Amsterdam. She is the line's Pacific flagship and is a sister ship to MS Rotterdam. She is the co-flagship of Holland America Line along with Rotterdam.
During the summer, Amsterdam sails around Alaska; during the winter, she makes grand voyages around Asia, Australia/New Zealand & South Pacific. She also sails an around-the-world grand voyage round-trip from Ft. Lauderdale, Florida.
Fuel consumption of 140 tons (39,500 gallons) of fuel per day at 21 knots speed.
- "Vessel details: MS Amsterdam". FleetMon. 2010-04-14. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- Ward, Douglas (2005). Berlitz Complete Guide to Cruising & Cruise Ships. Singapore: Berlitz. ISBN 981-246-510-3.
- "Advanced Masterdata for the Vessel MS Amsterdam". VesselTracker. 2012. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Sealetter New Cruise Ship Information". Sealetter Cruise Magazine. 16 October 2008. Retrieved 19 March 2012.
- "Ship's fuel consumption per mile". Cruise Critic forum. September 4, 2008.
- Official website
- Cruise Critic Review
- Professional photographs from shipspotting.com
- "MS Amsterdam (9188037)". Equasis. French Ministry for Transport. Retrieved 2013-06-26. (registration required (. ))
- Current position at MarineTraffic
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Amsterdam (ship, 2000).|