MS Color Magic
Color Magic in Kiel in 2007
|Port of registry:||Oslo, Norway|
|Ordered:||27 May 2005|
|Laid down:||8 August 2006|
|Launched:||15 December 2006|
|Christened:||15 September 2007|
|Acquired:||6 September 2007|
|In service:||17 September 2007|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9349863|
|Length:||224 m (734 ft)|
|Beam:||35 m (115 ft)|
|Draught:||6.80 m (22.3 ft)|
|Speed:||22 knots (41 km/h; 25 mph)|
|Notes:||Sister ship to Color Fantasy|
MS Color Magic is a cruiseferry owned and operated by the Norway-based shipping company Color Line on its route connecting Oslo, Norway, with Kiel, Germany. She was built at Aker Finnyards Rauma Shipyard, Finland in 2007 and has been the largest ferry in the world ever since.
Color Magic is a sister vessel of MS Color Fantasy, delivered to Color Line in 2004. The ship has over 1000 cabins and 54 suites. Unlike her sister, Color Magic was built at Aker Finnyards' Rauma shipyard, whereas Color Fantasy was built in Turku. Color Magic has 89 more cabins than Color Fantasy, as well as larger conference facilities, making it slightly larger in terms of gross tonnage.
- (in Swedish) MS Color Magic (2007) at Fakta om Fartyg, retrieved 13. 9. 2007
- (in Norwegian) Color Line website : Color Magic - Fakta[permanent dead link], retrieved 13. 9. 2007
- New delivery - Star. Ferry Technology, June/July 2007. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- Official launch of Color Magic in Kiel Archived 2014-01-01 at the Wayback Machine. Businessland, December 2007. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- (in Norwegian) VG: Her er nye Color Magic, retrieved 6. 9. 2007
Media related to MS Color Magic at Wikimedia Commons
MS Color Fantasy
| World's Largest Cruiseferry
|This ferry article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|