MS Deutschland on Elbe river in 2012 with Summer Olympics signage
|Owner:||Peter Deilmann Reederei ?  → ms 'Deutschland' Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH 
Absolute Nevada LLC., Las Vegas, Mr. Donald Hoffman (since 05.2015)
|Operator:||Peter Deilmann Reederei
Semester at Sea (since 19.05.2015)
|Port of registry:||1998–2015: Neustadt in Holstein, Germany
2015 onwards: Nassau, Bahamas
|Builder:||Howaldtswerke-Deutsche Werft, Kiel, Germany|
|Launched:||January 16, 1998|
|Christened:||May 11, 1998|
|Acquired:||May 11, 1998|
|Maiden voyage:||May 11, 1998|
|In service:||May 16, 1998|
|Identification:||Call sign: C6BZ6 MMSI number: 311000410 IMO number: 9141807|
|General characteristics |
|Tonnage:||22,400 GT 3,460 DWT|
|Length:||175.30 m (575 ft 2 in)|
|Beam:||23 m (75 ft 6 in)|
|Draught:||5.79 m (19 ft 0 in)|
|Decks:||10 (7 passenger accessible)|
|Installed power:||2 × MaK-DMR 8M32
2 × MaK-DMR 6M32
12,320 kW (combined)
|Speed:||20 knots (37 km/h; 23 mph)|
|Capacity:||520 passengers (as built 1998)|
MS Deutschland was a German-registered cruise ship owned and operated by Peter Deilmann Cruises. She is decorated in the Art Deco style made famous by such classic ocean liners as the SS Ile de France and SS Normandie. The Deutschland was launched in 1998. She carries 513 passengers and 260 crew members. She has a gross tonnage of 22,400 and has seven passenger accessible decks.
Air France Flight 4590, a New York City-bound Concorde charter flight carrying passengers for the Deutschland for a 16-day cruise to South America, crashed on takeoff in Paris in 2000 without survivors.
On May 23, 2010 when the ship was at quay in Eidfjord in Norway it was reported that a fire had broken out in the engine room. The 608 passengers were evacuated and the fire in the ship was isolated to a limited area of the ship because of fire doors.
On May 19, 2015 the "Deutschland" was handed over to the new American owners, the Absolute Nevada, which bought the ship for about US $ 21 million, which also took over about half of the crew, some 20 people. First, the ship is to serve as a floating university for the American organization "Semester at Sea" and flagged Bahamas, Nassau. Second, the ship would be renamed "World Odyssey" after refit in a northern Europe Yard, with new painting and new cabins.
On May 31, 2015 it had a Press Release of Plantours saying that the Former TV dreamboat accepts to be charted for 4 summer trips of MS Hamburg and from June 09 to July 29, 2015, 4 Travels would be made for the Bremer organizer assuming Plantours cruises. The former TV dreamboat is temporarily for a total of 51 days replacing the MS Hamburg. It means that Crew of MS Hamburg traveled to Gibraltar to prepare ship to Kiel to reach June 09, 2015 the first cruise. 80 additional cabins were for short-time being offered, because she is bigger than the replaced MS Hamburg. From June 20, 2015 followed by 3 further North Sea Travels by Svalbard Iceland to Greenland and back over the Faroe and Shetland Islands to Hamburg city. It means, Deutschland is to be seen with Bahamas flag and yellow funnel passing Hamburg city again for just one time before docking on July 29, 2015.
- MS Deutschland (German)
- Pictures of the MS Deutschland
- Peter Deilmann Cruises
- Video of MS Deutschland transiting Cape Cod Canal
- Semester At Sea announcement regarding their new ship
- Asklander, Micke. "M/S Deutschland (1998)". Fakta om Fartyg (in Swedish). Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- Lloyd Register Vessel Status - 9141807
- "Vessel details DEUTSCHLAND (passenger ship)". Digital-Seas.com. Retrieved 2010-05-25.: Current position, data, and photos of M/S Deutschland
- "MS Deutschland deck plan". Peter Deilmann Cruises. Retrieved 2008-09-08.
- "Air France crash". CBS News. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Concorde Crash". The Canadian Encyclopedia from Maclean's Magazine. August 7, 2000. Retrieved 2007-11-05.
- "Startschuss für London 2012" [Starting shot for London 2012] (in German). Deutscher Olympischer Sportbund. March 14, 2011. Retrieved 2011-09-25.
- Semester at Sea, Our Ship http://semesteratsea.org/ship
- "MS Deutschland im Einsatz für PLANTOURS Kreuzfahrten" [MS Deutschland serves Plantours Cruises] (PDF) (in German). PLANTOURS Kreuzfahrten. May 31, 2015. Retrieved 2015-05-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MS Deutschland.|
|This article about a specific cruise ship is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|