MS Eurodam in Argostoli, Cephalonia on 15 May 2016.
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Holland America Line|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Laid down:||9 February 2007|
|Launched:||28 September 2007|
|Completed:||16 June 2008|
|Maiden voyage:||5 July 2008|
|Class and type:||Signature-class cruise ship|
|Length:||935 ft (285.0 m)|
|Beam:||105.8 ft (32.2 m)|
|Draft:||8 m (26 ft)|
|Decks:||11 passenger decks|
|Propulsion:||Diesel-electric; two ABB Azipod units|
MS Eurodam is a Signature-class cruise ship for Holland America Line. Eurodam is the 80th ship to enter Holland America's service and, at 86,700 tons and carrying 2,104 passengers, she is the largest Holland America Signature-class ship, along with her sister ship MS Nieuw Amsterdam. She also has dynamic positioning abilities using three 1.9 MW (2,500 hp) bow thrusters and two 17.6 MW (23,600 hp) aft mounted Azipods. Total electrical power generation is 64 MW by six diesel generators.
In April and May, the ship operated in the Mediterranean and in Western Europe. From May to August, the ship visited the Baltic, Norway and the British Isles before embarking to Canada and New England in September and October. From late October to early April the ship traveled on alternating western and eastern Caribbean cruises.
Beginning in 2017, from May to September, the ship began operating Alaska inside passage cruises out of Seattle; from late October to early April, she travels on alternating western and eastern Caribbean out of Fort Lauderdale. Eurodam is scheduled to reposition in October 2018 and operate out of San Diego, from late October to early April, and visit Mexico, Hawaii, and the French Polynesia.
On 20 December 2015 Eurodam re-entered service after a 14-day dry dock in the Bahamas.
Similar in appearance to Holland America's Vista-class vessels, Eurodam features one additional deck and several interior layout differences.
On 15 July 2017 Oprah Winfrey launched the inaugural “Share the adventure cruise” aboard Eurodam, an exclusive Holland America partnership with the Oprah Magazine O, with O Magazine-inspired activities including tai chi, meditation, an onboard O’s book club, and healthy cooking demonstrations.
MS Eurodam has set the cruise industry’s record by earning its 11th consecutive perfect score of 100 on a routine United States Public Health (USPH) inspection conducted by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) during its last unannounced CDC inspection on 14 January 2017 at homeport Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA).
- "Vessel Status". Retrieved 13 February 2016.
- "launch of MS Eurodam". Holland America Lines.
- "List of MS Eurodam milestones". Holland America Lines.
- "Queen Beatrix to name Eurodam". Cruise Business Review. Cruise Media Oy Ltd. 12 March 2008. Archived from the original on 17 March 2008. Retrieved 12 March 2008.
- "List of MS Eurodam stats". Holland America Lines.
- "MS Eurodam". Holland America Line.
- "Captain's Log - Eurodam Azipods". 13 November 2008. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "Cruises to Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico and the world on Holland America, one of the best cruise lines:". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Eurodam Itineraries 2017-2018". HollandAmerica.com. Retrieved 25 September 2017.
- Captain Darin Bowland (4 April 2011). "Captain's Log - Eurodam in dry dock at Granda Bahama shipyard". Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Holland America Line partners with legendary Le Cirque restaurant". Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "Art on Holland America Line's ms Nieuw Amsterdam Celebrates New York's Dutch Heritage" (Press release). 24 June 2010. Retrieved 21 July 2011.
- "Holland America Eurodam!". cruisereport.com. July 2008. Retrieved 9 July 2011.
- "Oprah Winfrey sail on Holland America Eurodam". crew center. February 2017.
- "Holland America Line's ms Eurodam Makes Industry History with 11th Consecutive Score of 100 on United States Public Health Inspection". Business Insider. 1 March 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MS Eurodam.|