MS Nieuw Amsterdam
|This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Owner:||Carnival Corporation & plc|
|Operator:||Holland America Line|
|Port of registry:||Netherlands, Rotterdam|
|Launched:||30 October 2009|
|Maiden voyage:||4 July 2010|
|Class and type:||Signature class cruise ship|
|Length:||285 m (935 ft)|
|Beam:||32 m (105 ft)|
|Decks:||11 passenger decks|
|Installed power:||64 MW MaK M43C diesel-electric|
Holland America Line took the option on building this new sister ship for Eurodam for the 2010 cruising season. She was completed and she sailed on her first set of sea trials on 16 May 2010.
New features on Nieuw Amsterdam include a Pan-Asian restaurant, an African theme to the Explorer's Lounge, an Italian specialty restaurant and a redesigned atrium and show lounge. Ten cabins have floor-to-ceiling and wall-to-wall windows. Eighty-six percent of the cabins are on the outside, and 67 percent have balconies. It also has dynamic positioning abilities, and is powered by six diesel generators and propelled by Azipod propulsion technology like her older sister Eurodam. In contrast to Eurodam, Nieuw Amsterdam features full balconies in its Deck 11 "VQ" spa class staterooms.
- "50 Days to Nieuw Amsterdam’s Launch". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Cruises to Alaska, Europe, the Caribbean, Mexico and the world on Holland America, one of the best cruise lines". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "List of ms Eurodam stats". Holland America Line. 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Holland America Line Names New Signature Class". News release. Holland America Line. 2006-01-09. Retrieved 2008-11-10.
- "Nieuw Amsterdam Set Sail on Sea Trials Today". Holland America Line. 14 May 2010. Retrieved 3 July 2010.
- "Holland America's Nieuw Amsterdam Named in Venice". Cruise Critic. Retrieved 10 February 2014.
- "Nieuw Amsterdam Cruises".
- "Holland America Line will name its latest Signature Class ship and the 15th in its fleet, ms Nieuw Amsterdam". Press release. Holland America Line. 2008-09-10. Retrieved 2008-11-02.