MS Stavangerfjord (2013)
|Builder:||Stocznia Gdańsk, Bergen Group Fosen|
|Laid down:||23 March 2011|
|Launched:||12 April 2012|
|Acquired:||8 July 2013|
|Length:||170 m (560 ft)|
|Beam:||27.5 m (90 ft)|
|Draught:||6.35 m (20.8 ft)|
|Speed:||21.5 knots (39.8 km/h; 24.7 mph)|
|Capacity:||1,500 passengers, 600 vehicles.|
MS Stavangerfjord is a Danish registered cruiseferry operated by Norwegian ferry operator Fjord Line. The vessel operates between Hirtshals, Stavanger, Bergen and Langesund. It is the first cruise ferry in the world powered exclusively by liquefied natural gas.
Stavangerfjord commenced its maiden voyage on 14 July 2013.
On 25 July 2013, it was announced Fjord Line has revised parts of the timetable for Stavangerfjord, starting on the evening of the 25 July for the following five weeks to allow more time for refuelling with liquid natural gas while in port. Fjord Line is still working on new systems for filling fuel, which has caused delays.
On January 2 2014, Fjord Line announced that they have been given authorisation from Norwegian authorities to bunker the LNG on board the ship whilst passengers were still on board. Due to this, Fjorld line no longer have to send LNG lorries to Hirtshals to do the bunkering in Denmark.
Stavangerfjord has four/five restaurants. These include The Commander Buffet, the ship's buffet restaurant, Grieg Gourmet, Oasis Garden Café, a self-service restaurant and Bungalow Wine & Tapas, a wine, tapas and piano bar.
The ship also has six conference rooms and one tax free shop.
- "About the new ships | Fjord Line". Fjord Line. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "MS Stavangerfjord Completes Maiden Voyage". World Maritime news. Retrieved 19 July 2013.
- "Fjord Line Revises MS Stavangerfjord's Schedule". World Maritime News. Retrieved 26 July 2013.
- "Fjord Line to Bunker New LNG Ferries with Passengers Onboard (Norway)". World Maritime News. Retrieved 3 January 2014.
- "Food And Restaurans | Fjord Line". Fjord Line. Retrieved 19 July 2013.