MTV Brand New
|MTV Brand New|
|Launched||September 14, 2003 Italy
August 1, 2006 Netherlands
February 1, 2011 Germany
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
MTV Brand New is a 24-hour specialist music channel featuring new music videos, alternative and indie music available in the Netherlands, Germany, and In Italy until 2011, when it was replaced by MTV Rocks. The Italian version of the channel launched on September 14, 2003; it then launched in the Netherlands on August 1, 2006. The German-speaking version of the channel launched in Germany, Austria and Switzerland on February 1, 2011.
MTV Brand New is derived from the hit pan-European MTV music show brand:new, which launched in 1999 on MTV's regional channels. The show was known as mtv:new on the MTV Europe, brand:neu on MTV Germany and brand:new on all other MTV channels in Europe. The show focused primarily on new music releases, cutting edge music videos, introducing new artists and bands, interviews and live performances. The programme was turned into a stand-alone music channel in Italy in 2003. Since then MTV Networks Europe has begun to roll out localized Brand New channels since 2006.
Brand New Netherland
Brand: New Germany
MTV brand: new is a German Pay TV channel. The channel was announced by MTV Networks Germany ath the end of 2010. The channel launched on February 1, 2011. The channel is based in Berlin and features the best in music videos from newly established German and international acts. The channel airs back to back new music videos, the channel will also feature chart shows such as MTV Superchart.
Each January, MTV Brand New releases a poll of the same, listing the bands and singers that their viewers think will be the most successful during the coming year. Originally named Spanking New, the poll was introduced in 2008, where the winners were UK band In Case of Fire. Subsequent polls have been topped by acts such as Little Boots, Justin Bieber and Conor Maynard.
|2008||In Case of Fire|||
|2010||Bieber, JustinJustin Bieber|||
|2012||Maynard, ConorConor Maynard|||
|2013||Day, EbonyEbony Day|||
|2015||Krept & Konan|||
- "MTV komt met MTV Brand New". de Volkskrant. July 25, 2006.
- "MTV Global Fact Sheet" (PDF). Retrieved October 1, 2012.
- "MTV Brand New: Musik pur ab 1. Februar - Start bei Entertain". DigitalFernsehen.de. January 16, 2011.
- "Unsigned Act Win MTV Award". UK: MTV. January 29, 2008. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Spanking New 2009 Winner". UK: MTV. February 18, 2009. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Justin Bieber Wins MTV's 10 For 10". UK: MTV. February 1, 2010. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Mona Win MTV's Brand New For 2011 Vote!". UK: MTV. January 31, 2012. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Conor Maynard Voted Brand New For 2012 Winner!". UK: MTV. January 31, 2012. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "Ebony Day Wins MTV's Brand New For 2013!". UK: MTV. January 31, 2013. Archived from the original on February 10, 2013. Retrieved February 10, 2013.
- "The Vamps Win MTV Brand New For 2014!". MTV. MTV. Retrieved 3 December 2014.
- "Krept & Konan crowned MTV's Brand New winners For 2015". UK: MTV. February 2, 2015. Archived from the original on September 28, 2015. Retrieved September 28, 2015.