|Launched||September 1, 2008|
|Closed||January 11, 2016|
|Owned by||Recreational Broadcasting Enterprises S.A.|
|Picture format||16:9 (576i, SDTV),
|Headquarters||Marousi, Athens, Greece|
|Digea DVB-T, Attica||63 UHF|
|NOVA Greece||Channel 603 (SD)|
|NOVA Cyprus||Channel 605 (SD)|
|OTE TV||Channel 601 (HD)|
|OTE TV||Channel 34 (SD)|
MTV Greece was the Greek version of MTV, launched on September 1, 2008. MTV Greece terminated its services on January 11, 2016 due to small interest in ratings and limited profit from commercials. This was partly due to the fact that the channel had its main focus on reality TV with little appeal to audiences, and kept few hours of music, usually from late night until 13:00. MTV Greece was replaced by the local channel Rise on terrestrial TV. Also, it was replaced in both OTE TV and NOVA (satellite - pay TV Platforms) by MTV Europe and MTV Live HD.
MTV Greece broadcast mainly English, American and Greek music, MTV's shows like Date My Mom, Made, Nitro Circus, RoomRaiders, America's Most Smartest Model, etc. subtitled in Greek, as well as three Greek shows (Hitlist Hellas, MTV Pulse, MTV Take 20). It broadcast terrestrially only in Athens and via satellite to the rest of Greece and Cyprus. MTV Greece also had a local version, which broadcast in Thessaloniki, under the title MTV Plus.
MTV Greece's launch party took place in Panathenaic Stadium, Athens on October 5, 2008 with live performances from R.E.M., Kaiser Chiefs, Gabriella Cilmi, and C Real. The concert was also broadcast live in Italy through MTV Italy, and in France (MTV France), Portugal (MTV Portugal) and Spain (MTV Spain).
MTV Greece HD started officially broadcasting only via OTE TV on October 17, 2011 and it was one of the first HD versions of a European MTV network. The channel was also available via NOVA. On October 9, 2009, MTV organized the first MTV Day, a celebration for the 1 year of airing in Greece. MTV held a concert at the Olympic Indoor Hall, in Athens, with quests Myronas Stratis, Professional Sinnerz, Moral, Aloha From Hell and Tokio Hotel. The concert was recorded and was later shown on the MTV World Stage.
The channel combined local and international music, and aired international MTV shows (with Greek subtitles) including Jackass, Pimp My Ride, When I Was 17, If You Really Knew Me, My Super Sweet 16, Viva La Bam, Room Raiders, Life of Ryan and 16 and Pregnant, as well as some original content produced exclusively for Greece.
- MTV News - Music and entertainment news updates. Hosted by Estel, aired throughout the day
- Your Noise Live - Daily variety program with music, news, games and interviews. Hosted by Alex Kavdas, Nafsika Lalioti and Katerina Tsavalou, aired weekdays at 3pm
- MTV Take 20 - Weekly show focuses on movie news, trailers, interviews and a look at the latest new releases. Hosted by Giorgo Satsidi, aired Wednesday at 9pm
- MTV Headbangers Ball - Heavy metal music videos and news. Hosted by Vanessa Xristodoulou and Orfeas Spiliotopoulos, aired Tuesday at 12pm
- MTV Game On - Weekly show focuses on video games. Hosted by Konstantino Koutsoumpa, aired Thursday at 9pm
- Every Day Girls! - Weekly show focuses on girls, fashion, horoscopes, entertainment and celebrity news and interviews. Hosted by Marianthi Mpairaktari and Myrtw Kazi, aired Monday at 9pm
- MTV New Generation
- Yo! MTV Raps
- Mission Lydia - Entertainment program hosted by Lydia Papaioannou
- MTV Summer Clash
- MTV SHOW US YOUR STYLE
- MTV Greeklips
- Wake Up with MTV
- MTV Coolwave Challenges
- Only Hits
- Clip Of The Week
- Your Noise Daily
- MTV City Life
- Party Zone
Presenters and VJs
- Nafsika Lalioti
- Katerina Tsavalou
- Lydia Papaioannou
- Konstantinos Koutsoumpas
- Vanessa Xristodoulou
- Orfeas Spiliotopoulos
- Thomas Protopapas
- Vasiliki Arvanitaki
- Marianthi Mpairaktari
- Myrtw Kazi
- George Satsidis
Launched on October 18, 2009 - MTV Plus was a 24-hour branch of MTV available in Thessaloniki. Its programming was similar to its sister channel MTV Greece. On December 13, 2011 it was replaced by Nickelodeon Plus.
Launched on October 7, 2009 - MTV Music is a 24-hour music channel playing non-stop music videos, live performances and artist interviews. It closed on 2011 and was replaced by MTV Greece and from October 17, 2011, MTV HD. MTV Greece terminated its services on 11 January 2016 due to small interest in ratings and limited profit from commercials. This was partly due to the fact that the channel had its main focus on reality TV with little appeal to audiences, and kept few hours of music, usually from late night until 13:00.
- SDTV.gr - MTV Greece will be broadcasting at 16:9
- "Τέλος από τους τηλεοπτικούς δέκτες το MTV Greece". Retrieved 2 October 2016.