MTV Music (Italy)
|Launched||1 March 2011|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Picture format||576i (16:9 SDTV)
MTV Live HD
|Digital||LCN 67, Where available|
|Sky Italia||Channel 708|
MTV Music is a 24-hour music entertainment channel operated by Viacom International Media Networks Europe.
As the main MTV brand has deviated from its original purpose and increased competition from other music channels and online services, MTV launched a new music channel, MTV Music.
The first version of the channel had launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland on 1 February 2011 replacing MTV Shows. The Italian version of the new channel then channel launched on 1 March 2011, replacing MTV Plus.
It is expected that MTV may launch MTV Music channels in other regions under a new global strategy to simplify the branding used across territories.
MTV Music is and continues to be available in entire Italy as a free to air TV-station, owned by Viacom. The main MTV station had been sold to Sky Italia on August 1, 2015 in Italy. It had no effect on MTV Music, as this TV station was not sold and continues to be a Viacom property.
- 10 of the Best - an hour-themed music show
- 100% Music - music video show
- 3x1 - videography of an artist
- America's Best Dance Crew - musical reality show
- Behind the Music - backstage show
- Classic 2Night - music video show
- Euro Top 20 - the most played European songs show
- Fame - the American television cult series
- Hitlist Italia - official Italian chart
- MTVMUSIC.COM Chart - music chart supplied by mtvmusic.com
- MTV New Generation - teen music video show
- MTV World Stage - live music show
- Pop 2Night - music video show
- Rock 2Night - music video show
- Storytellers - live music show
- Taking the Stage - musical reality show
- The Official Top 20 - music chart show
- Top Hits - music chart show
- TRL The Battle - music chart show
- Urban 2Night - music video show
- Your MTV Chart - music video show
- MTV.it (Italian)