|Launched||July 1, 2003|
|Owned by||Viacom International Media Networks Europe|
|Picture format||Aspect Ratio: 16:9
Resolution: 576i (SD) and 1080i (HD)
|Slogan||Na tua MTV...
(In Your MTV...)
|Headquarters||London, United Kingdom|
|NOS||72 (SD) and 98 (HD)|
MTV Portugal is a Portuguese basic cable and satellite television channel airing 24-hour general entertainment. The channel was launched on 1 July 2003, replacing MTV Europe's feed within all Portuguese cable operators. A high-definition simulcast feed of the channel launched on 17 June 2015.
In its initial stages MTV Portugal shared similar content to MTV Spain and MTV Italy, while also airing programming from MTV US and MTV Europe. There was a strong focus on music content but gradually the channel began to air reality shows similar to other MTV channels. The channel was launched in Portugal with the support of private broadcaster SIC. The channel is based at MTV Networks Europe in London and supported by a local office is Lisbon.
In Spring 2011, MTV Portugal began to air new localized programming. The current MTV Portugal VJs are Diogo, DJ Kaka, Luisa and Mc Creu.
In 2012, MTV Portugal aired a new local television program which aims to look for new VJs across the country. It began its search by going across the country to ten different cities across six months and selects its top candidates to progress to the next stage. During the VJ casting process it has visited Almada, Aveiro, Coimbra, Faro, Funchal, Guimarães, Lisbon, Montijo, Sintra, Viseu.
- "MTV PORTUGAL SITEMAP". MTV Portugal (in Portuguese). 12 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "MTV VJ Casting 2012". MTV Portugal (in Portuguese). 12 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "DESCRIÇÃO" [Description]. MTV Portugal (in Portuguese). 12 July 2012. Retrieved 12 July 2012.
- "Programas" [Programs]. MTV Portugal (in Portuguese). 28 May 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
- "MTV - PROGRAMAÇÃO" [MTV - Programming]. MTV Portugal (in Portuguese). 28 May 2016. Retrieved 28 May 2016.
|This Portuguese television-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|