MX vs. ATV
|MX vs. ATV|
THQ Nordic (2014–present)
|Platforms||PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows, Nintendo DS, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360, Wii, OnLive, OS X, Linux, Xbox One, PlayStation 4|
|Platform of origin||PlayStation 2, Xbox, Windows|
|Year of inception||2005|
|First release||MX vs. ATV Unleashed
March 16, 2005
|Latest release||MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore
October 27, 2015
MX vs. ATV is a racing video game franchise developed by Rainbow Studios and published by THQ Nordic that focuses on off-road racing. The series was formerly published by THQ until its bankruptcy and liquidation. As the name suggests, the series' main focus is racing with motocross bikes and all-terrain vehicles, although other vehicles such as dune buggies and sport trucks were also featured in the games. Players can also fly airplanes and helicopters in some of the games. There are five main games in the series, as well as a PlayStation Portable port of Unleashed called On the Edge and an updated port of Supercross for PlayStation 4, Microsoft Windows, and Xbox One titled MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore.
On August 9, 2011, THQ announced that it would shutter THQ Digital Phoenix (which Rainbow Studios was known as at the time), as well as other game development studios, and not "actively pursue further development" of the MX vs. ATV franchise in a company reorganization.
In April 2013, Nordic Games acquired the franchise through the liquidation of THQ. In December 2013, they announced a new title in the series, MX vs. ATV Supercross, due for release of September 9, 2014 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Microsoft Windows, OS X and Linux, which was pushed back to October 28, 2014 for fixes. The PlayStation 4 version of the game was released October 27, 2015 as MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore, with an Xbox One version released a year later.
|2006||On the Edge||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||No||No||No|
- "MX vs. ATV Unleashed On GameVortex.com". Psillustrated.com. Retrieved 2012-08-16.
- McWhertor, Michael (August 9, 2011). "THQ Cuts 200 Jobs, MX vs. ATV Series, de Blob Studio and More". Kotaku. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- Mitchell, Richard (August 9, 2011). "THQ 'not to actively pursue further development' of MX vs ATV franchise". Joystiq. Retrieved August 9, 2011.
- "The future of Darksiders, Red Faction and THQ's other IP at Nordic Games". Polygon. Retrieved 23 April 2013.
- Goldfarb, Andrew (December 20, 2013). "MX vs ATV Supercross Coming in 2014". IGN. Retrieved December 23, 2013.
|This off-road racing video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This THQ-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|