MYRA School of Business
MYRA School of Business
|Founder||Dr. Shalini R Urs|
|Chairperson||Dr. Shalini R Urs|
|Dean||Dr. Sudhindra Seshadri|
|University of Mysore|
|Address||Yelwal Post, Mysore, Karnataka, 571130, India|
|Campus||Urban, 10 acres|
MYRA School of Business is a business school located in Mysore, Karnataka, India. MYRA was founded in 2011. MYRA offers an AICTE approved full-time two-year post graduate diploma in management (PGDM) program. MYRA is an acronym for Mysore Royal Academy. MYRA School of Business was launched in November 2012 by Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC.
MYRA Study Programs
MYRA offers five different programs :
- Two-year AICTE-approved MBA equivalent Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM)
- One year Post Graduate Program for eXecutives (PGPX)
- PhD program
- Short Term Executive Education programs
- Global MBA from Dalhousie University, Canada
Global MBA highlights:
- MBA degree from Dalhousie University, Canada
- First year at MYRA, India
- Second year at Dalhousie University, Rowe School of Business
- Campus Placement Services of Rowe School of Business
- Canadian Work Permit
- Total Fees is just 25 lakhs!
Executive Education in association with Cambridge Judge Business School Executive Education:
- Certificate of Attendance from Cambridge Judge Business School (CJBS) in areas like Strategy, Digital Transformation & Innovation.
- CJBS programs would include multiple pedagogical tools, frameworks, business cases with in-class instruction at Cambridge.
- CJBS certificate programs to be integrated into the MYRA Executive MBA(EMBA) program in Bengaluru.
Ranking: Ranked #24 amongst the Private B Schools in South and West by the Career 360 Magazine
- W. P. Carey School of Business, Arizona State University, USA
- Catolica-Lisbon School of Business and Economics (CLSBE), Portugal
- Bothell School of Business University of Washington Bothell School of Business, USA
- Julius Maximilian, University of Wurzburg, Germany
- Dalhousie University, Canada
MYRA offers PhD programs for Post-graduates from all areas of business and management, including allied areas in:
- Management Sciences
- Information Systems and Management
- Development Studies
MYRA has been organizing interactions with and mentorship by industry stalwarts through platforms such as Distinguished Lectures series(4); IndusTree CXO Power Talks(18); InSight Special Lectures(31); Development Dialogues(3); Corporate ConneXions(6); EnVision Tech Talks(5); Industry visits and live projects help students to shape their careers.
MYRA has set up 3 Centres of Excellence:
- Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Business Innovations (CESBI)
- Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics and Business Insights (CEDABI)
- Devaraj Urs Centre for Development Studies (DCDS)
- November 4, 2012 – MYRA Campus Inauguration by Shri Deepak Parekh, Chairman, HDFC.
- December 17-18, 2012 – Workshop on Governance and Political Economy in association with Warwick University.
- January 6, 2013 – Launch of Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Business Innovations (CESBI) and Distinguished Lecture by Prof. Vijay Govindarajan, Coxe Distinguished Professor, Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College, US.
- June 24, 2013 – MYRA Founding Batch Inauguration by Mrs. Meera Sanyal, Chairperson, Royal Bank of Scotland.
- December 16-17, 2013 – Second International Conference on Big Data Analytics.
- June 2014 – Recognition by University of Mysore as Research Center.
- May 31, 2014 – Graduation of founding Batch Post Graduate Program for eXecutives (PGPX).
- May 9, 2015 – Graduation of founding Batch of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) and 2nd Batch of Post Graduate Program for eXecutives (PGPX).
- March 9, 2016 – Launch of Centre of Excellence for Data Analytics and Business Insights (CEDABI) by Mr. David J Kasik, Senior Technical Fellow, The Boeing Company, Seattle, Washington.
- March 28, 2016 – MOU with Dalhousie University, Canada, Mr. Greg Giokas, His Excellency Consul General of Canada to Bengaluru and Dr. Carolyn Watters, Provost & Vice President, Academic, Dalhousie University, Canada.
- June 20, 2016 – Graduation of the 2nd batch of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) & 3rd batch of Post Graduate Program for eXecutives (PGPX).
- July 30, 2016 – Inauguration of Devaraj Urs Centre for Development Studies by Shri. Jairam Ramesh, Honourable Member of Parliament, Rajya Sabha, Former Minister, Government of India.
- June 24, 2017 – Graduation of the 3rd batch of Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) & 4th batch of Post Graduate Program for eXecutives (PGPX).
- Devaraj Urs Memorial Lecture by Dr. James Manor, Professor Emeritus, University of London, at MYRA, Times of India, August 22, 2017
- Devaraj Urs Memorial Lecture by Dr. James Manor, Professor Emeritus, University of London, at MYRA, The Hindu, August 23, 2017
- MYRA awarded The Economic Times Best Education Brands 2017, Star of Mysore, June 8, 2017
- Japanese students visit MYRA B-school, The Hindu, September 10, 2016
- Ensure inclusive growth to empower all sections of society: Jairam Ramesh, The Hindu, July 21, 2016
- Swiss students to visit MYRA school, The Hindu, July 7, 2016
- MYRA graduation ceremony on June 20, The Hindu, June 16, 2016
- Discussion on agricultural marketing, The Hindu, April 28, 2016
- Data is an asset that helps you make good decisions, The Hindu, March 12, 2016
- B-school students chosen for exchange programme, The Hindu, February 14, 2016
- Focus on innovation and future: expert, The Hindu, February 5, 2016
- India benefits owing to fall in import prices Dr. Gita Gopinath, Harvard University, USA, The Hindu, December 25, 2015
- Companies should have a customer-centric approach, says Amazon India HR chief, The Hindu, December 3, 2015
- Mobile phones, apps changing healthcare, The Hindu, November 21, 2015
- Ideal conditions for online rumours, The Hindu, August 23, 2015
- Talk on leadership qualities and excellence, The Hindu, February 22, 2015
- Training for leadership – the Indian Air Force way, The Hindu, January 13, 2015
- Interview: Dr Shalini Urs, Founder and Chairperson, MYRA School of Business, Careers360 Magazine, December 6, 2014
- Pooling Faculty from schools abroad, Careers360 Magazine, November 2013
- Challengers on the Horizon, Careers360 Magazine, November 2013
- Dipak C Jain: Indian Business Schools Need to Improve Diversity, Forbes India, April 16, 2012
- Workshop on governance and political economy, The Hindu, December 12, 2012