MZKT entrance building
MZKT (МЗКТ or МЗКЦ, Belarusian: Мінскі завод колавых цягачоў, Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant (MWTP)) is a manufacturer of heavy off-road vehicles, especially military trucks, based in Minsk, in Belarus; it was formerly a division of MAZ. MZKT civilian trucks are branded VOLAT (Belarusian: волат, literally means Giant). MZKT specializes in the production of on-road and off-road heavy-duty vehicles and trailers to them, as well as special wheeled chassis for installation of various equipment for enterprises and transport organizations of the construction, oil and gas and engineering complex .
In 1954, MZKT, the Minsk Wheeled Tractor Plant, was founded to develop artillery tractors; it then developed a series of heavy weapons transporters for the military of the USSR, including heavy offroad trucks such as the MAZ-537 and MAZ-7310. It was a division of Minsk Automobile Plant (known as MAZ). The name in Russian is "Минский завод колёсных тягачей"; this is abbreviated MZKT in English. In 1991, MZKT was spun off into a separate company; its former parent, MAZ, continues to make a broader range of heavy vehicles.
In 1992, military orders slowed, and MZKT attempted to adapt its products to civilian uses, such as mining trucks and crane carriers.
Many post-independence MZKT trucks continued to use a MAZ cab which resembled the Iveco Turbostar cab; starting in 2010 these were replaced with Belkarplastik cabs, which are also used by Yarovit trucks.
- MZKT-79221 transporter erector launcher for the Topol-M missile; a successor to the MAZ-7917, which was, in turn, a successor to the MAZ-547
- MZKT-79086, 12x12 oilfield truck
- MZKT-7429, 8x8 offroad tractor
- MZKT-790976, 8x8 oilfield truck
- MZKT-75165 8x8 tipper
- Neman - the bus subsidiary of MZKT.
- KZKT A similar, now defunct, Russian company
- Minsk Tractor Works
- "Go-anywhere, do-anything MZKT/VOLAT specialist trucks on Biglorryblog. Magnificent monster machines from Minsk! - Biglorryblog". 22 March 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "VOLAT - Minsk Wheel Tractor Plant". Archived from the original on 12 November 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Minsk Wheeled Tractor Plant (MZKT)". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Biglorryblog and who used the old Iveco TurboStar cab....? The Brochure King rides to the rescue! - Biglorryblog". 23 March 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "MZKT - 700650 (Commercial vehicles)". 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Point Defence System Vehicles". May 2011. Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Mighty MAZ and MZKT 12x12 missile carriers...or should that be tippers? Only Vladimir could deliver such behemoths to Biglorryblog". 22 May 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Iskander (SS-26 Stone) Short-Range Ballistic Missile". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "MZKT-74135 Tank Transporter". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Wanshan WS2400 (8 x 8) heavy-duty off-road vehicle (China) - Jane's Military Vehicles and Logistics". Retrieved 14 August 2011.
- "Monster MZKT oilfield truck! Vladimir is back on Biglorryblog with a real bang! - Biglorryblog". 21 January 2009. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "Big Russian oilfield trucks...the mighty MZKT makes a welcome return to Biglorryblog thanks to Vladimir!". 13 February 2008. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- "More mighty MZKT Russian trucks on Biglorryblog. And how much scow end do you need?". 26 December 2007. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to MZKT vehicles.|
- MZKT product listing
- Volat Defense
- Review in the Russian Journal of Motor Vehicles
- Overview of vehicle manufacturers in Belarus