|Directed by||R.S. Raja|
|Produced by||P. C. K. Sakthivel|
|Music by||Premgi Amaren|
|Cinematography||R. S. Selva|
|Edited by||Suresh Urs|
Dream Zone Movies
Maanga is an Indian Tamil comic science fiction film directed by debutant RS Raja and produced by Sakthivel. The film features Premgi Amaren and Advaitha in the lead roles, while Leema Babu and Srinivasan appear in supporting roles. .The music was composed by Premgi amaren.It was released on 11 september,2015.
- Premgi Amaren as Shiva / Vishwanatha Moorthy
- Advaitha as Joshita
- Leema Babu as Alamu
- Ilavarasu as Nambirajan
- Manobala as Rengasamy Nagarajan
- T. P. Gajendran as Petthiah
- Rekha as Samyuktha
The film was launched at an event in Chennai in March 2013, with Premgi Amaren reported to play a dual role in the film apart from composing the film's songs. He revealed it would be the first film which would feature him as the sole lead actor after previous ventures including 2010 Bhagyaraj had failed to be completed. Filming began later that month with Thambi Ramaiah and Manobala filming scenes in Chennai. Krithi Shetty, known as Advaitha in Tamil films, was selected to play the film's heroine while Leema Babu will also play a role.
The soundtrack was composed by Premji Amaran to negative reviews.while the lyrics were written by Gangai Amaran and Snehan. The audio was released in April 2015.
- Genius Maanga - Ranjith
- Vedakozhi - Naveen Madhav, Saindhavi
- Anjathey - Hemambika
- Appankitta - Premgi
- Kanne - Premgi, Hemambika
- Sriranjini - Premgi, Ramya NSK, TL Maharajan
Indiaglitz wrote "Debutante director R.S. Raja has tried to present 'Maanga' as a film with loads of fun and horror elements though the film cannot be fixed under the 'Horror-comedy' genre. The film also apparently aims to be considered as a science fiction but everything related to the scientific invention of the lead character is presented in a funny way. So one could not be clear whether the intention of such scenes was dealing with science or making us laugh". The Times of India wrote "The film feels like a hodgepodge of movie references, bad science, and lazily written jokes put together in a manner that is hardly competent".
- "Premgi in `Maanga`". Sify.com. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "At last, I'm a hero- Premgi, Manga, Premji Amaran". Behindwoods.com. 2013-03-22. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "'Manga' to have Premji in lead | CineBuzz - Movies". ChennaiOnline. 2013-03-25. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- "Premgi kick starts 'Maanga' today! - The Times of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2013-03-25. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- Nikhil Raghavan (2013-12-16). "Shotcuts: Her own name from now on". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-05-17.
- Gupta, Rinku (2013-10-28). "Premgi content with biriyani, manga". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-05-17.