Maarten Biesheuvel (born 23 May 1939 in Schiedam) is a Dutch writer. He made his literary debut in 1972 with the short story collection In de bovenkooi. He received the "Ferdinand Bordewijk Prijs" in 1984 for Reis door mijn kamer. In 2007 he received the P. C. Hooft Award.
From 1990 Biesheuvel's literary production slowed down significantly due to a writer's block and manic-depressive phases.
- In de bovenkooi (1972)
- Reis door mijn kamer (1984)
- Godencirkel (1986)
- 1985: The Ferdinand Bordewijk Prijs for Reis door mijn kamer
- 2007: The P. C. Hooft Award
- 2008: Knight of the Order of the Netherlands Lion
- "PC Hooftprijs uitgereikt aan Maarten Biesheuvel" (in Dutch). de Verdieping Trouw. 24 May 2007. Retrieved 2008-10-19.
|This article about a Dutch writer or poet is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|